Scarves Naoshima muffler

Apr 16, 2022
Would anyone be willing to share photos of their well loved Naoshima mufflers/scarves and info on whether it needs to be babied and dry cleaned?

Am asking as I wandered into the Men’s section at my local store while waiting for my purchases to be wrapped up and fell in love with the muted colours and hand feel of the Naoshima muffler. I’m thinking it feels light enough for use when the air conditioning feels a bit chilly but not cold enough for a cardigan or jacket, or if I happen to be visiting a country during spring/early autumn (I live in a tropical climate). But it also feels so delicate I’m not sure if it needs a lot of care, or should I just learn to embrace the signs of wear.

Thanks in advance!

Apr 16, 2022
View attachment 5583414
Dear @claritysunshine, I have used the dry cleaners recommended by my local Hermes stores, no change in texture and softness, I never wash my H silks myself. I suppose the only issue is catching on sharp things resulting in runs. As I said, DH has had no issues with his Blue Jean one. HTH!

Thanks v much for the info, really helps to know that dry cleaning will preserve its texture and softness :smile: I’ll just have to be careful to avoid catching it on my jewellery or other things. Blue jean is the colour I am most drawn to at the moment , good to know the colour lasts!

Reactions: periogirl28