Naomi Campbell

ShoppeGirl

Feb 8, 2006
Just read this on sfgate.com . . . it's funny how a person can be charged for assault in one minute, and then be a UN children's advocate in the next. Only in America!

Campbell and Jones Meet Mandela

Supermodel Naomi Campbell's meeting with former South African President Nelson Mandela has been shrouded in secrecy amid fears her much-publicized assault charge could mar her charity efforts.
The catwalk beauty was arrested last week for allegedly throwing a cell phone at her housekeeper, but a judge later released her on bail to support a United Nations Children's Fund campaign.
Charity spokeswoman Erika Vegter confirmed Campbell's meeting with the anti-apartheid hero has happened, but no further details were given.
Campbell's efforts in South Africa were supported by music mogul Quincy Jones, who met Mandela on Monday.
The musician and producer is scheduled to meet with young artists and musicians struggling with AIDS, crime, sexual violence and drug abuse.

Well I do not believe that she was operating as an "agent" of the UN or appearing on their behalf, rather she wanted to support a charity supported by her dear friend Nelson Mandela.

I'm not too sure about her sincerity in doing the charity work but what's up with the throwing of the phone? The maid may or may not stole that $200 jeans but there's no reason why she should hurt her. She should just report her to the police, not hurting her!!!

Hi guys,
I just read that Naomi Campbell will replace Lindsay Lohan as the new face of Louis Vuitton. I don't know if it is true, or just rumors. I have mix feelings for her, especially what happened last week when she attacked her housekeeper. I think they should have chosen someone else. What do you guys think?

WHY????????????
Why would they make 2 bad choices like that!!??????
Naomi should NOT be the face of anything IMO except an Anger Management ad!!!!!!!!

I think Naomi is drop dead gorgeous! And MUCH more appropriate than LiLo. Let's just hope she keeps her anger in check- not too classy!

She has a MAJOR history of abusing others and violence/anger - she does not define the epitome of LV IMO. I'll be very disappointed if they choose her :sad:

I've read that it's Naomi and also several other super models. She's very good at modelling, but she's also very good at assault.. !!