Nano Luggage - A Classic?

So I had the same concerns about style longevity and if this would be a classic, but decided to go in store and take a look anyway on a recent trip. I walked into the store feelings just okay about it, but after trying it on liked it enough to purchase. I figured I wouldn't love it as much as my Chanel Boy which was my dream bag for years and which I finally got this year. However, after using it more I'm really loving the bag a lot more than I thought. Although maybe not as classic as a Chanel, it's still a very interesting a pretty design and the durability and practicality really can't be beat.

I think trends come and go - the Dior saddle bag has made a comeback so who's to say what the longevity of this bag will be like and whether or not it will once again become an "it" bag. I think that you purchase bags because they make you happy and not for other people's approval, so trends be damned! As long as you enjoy the style and it works with your wardrobe and style, I think it is a solid purchase.

Trust me, the celine nano luggage will make a comeback in 10 years, they will do a little design refreshment. Sell it for $3K stupid expensive and instagram will go gaga over it. So we need to keep our nanos now. yaaasss!

I’m wondering the same thing. I’ve never been interested in the nano luggage but have over the past couple years collected quite a few Celine bags. Now I’m looking at the nano for a everyday throw all into bag. Went to see the colors in stock today and have such a hard time picking one and wondering if I’ll love it in the long run. For me it doesn’t have to be a classic but has to be useful and I have to love it for many years to come.

Also I’m short (5’2”) and know the strap fits long but don’t think it’s too bad.

I can't decide between these 3 colors too..
I always thought i like Dune but too much yellow ?
Souris is more taupe/greyish? i thought it was green/khaki.
May i ask, what color did you get?

I can't decide between these 3 colors too..
I always thought i like Dune but too much yellow ?
Souris is more taupe/greyish? i thought it was green/khaki.
May i ask, what color did you get?

I ended up getting black preloved. It was the safe choice but I’m loving it. Think the black looks nice and rich. The Dune was a bit yellowish which was ok but I didn’t like it with the silver hw. The souris is beautiful but not for me. I love the bag in general though. Much more than I thought I would. It so easy to use and simple to just throw everything into it.

I ended up getting black preloved. It was the safe choice but I’m loving it. Think the black looks nice and rich. The Dune was a bit yellowish which was ok but I didn’t like it with the silver hw. The souris is beautiful but not for me. I love the bag in general though. Much more than I thought I would. It so easy to use and simple to just throw everything into it.
Yes definitely
The black nano luggage is gorgeous
Did you get it in drummed or smooth leather ?
Do you have any issue with the bag losing its shape?

Yes definitely
The black nano luggage is gorgeous
Did you get it in drummed or smooth leather ?
Do you have any issue with the bag losing its shape?

I got the drummer leather w shw. It was preloved but she didn’t use it too much. I’ve only had it since July but used it a bit and the shape is still perfect. I can see that the leather is soft compared to the store but hopefully it won’t lose shape. I did get an insert for it just to help organize and keep it clean [emoji4] I think that will help if the shape does soften.

i love the celine nano luggage because it is a structured top handle tote-style with zipper and crossbody strap. mine is in the color mint and i bought it in 2015. i don't feel like it is a dated bag because i have consistently used this bag since i got it -but i agree that the “hype” has died down on this style. i still wear mine often and it has held up well.

Reactions: Hikitten
i love the celine nano luggage because it is a structured top handle tote-style with zipper and crossbody strap. mine is in the color mint and i bought it in 2015. i don't feel like it is a dated bag because i have consistently used this bag since i got it -but i agree that the “hype” has died down on this style. i still wear mine often and it has held up well.
Don't have a Nano myself... had never looked closely at it because of its ubiquity, but now I see its appeal and the appeal of the Phantom. I have, over the past year, collected several new Old Céline bags and SLGs - all of which I absolutely love and intend to keep for the long haul.

While it's hard to predict which styles will have longevity beyond the initial hype, I think it's worth buying/investing in thoughtfully designed bags we love and will bring out into rotation in future years. It's a good counter to the 'throw-away' fashion culture we live in... Pre-loved and vintage is becoming more than just a trend, so I think many brands and styles from the past will be revived.