Nanny cam recs?

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Hi everyone!

I am the proud mother of a little 8 month old boy. We hired a nanny so that I could go back to work full-time. Part of me is debating going to part-time or just becoming a SAHM (but that's a story for another thread!). In the meantime, does anyone have recommendations for a good nanny cam?

Ideally, we would get one that has the capability for us to watch live/real-time at any time of the day. Before hiring her, we did clarify that there might be a nanny cam and we would not be putting it in the restroom so I think we covered all the sticky privacy issues (unless someone can come up with some?).

Thanks in advance!!

2. anyone?
    pretty please? :smile:

3. I don't know if there are separate products actually called nanny cameras...? Have you looked into regular baby monitors with Internet streaming or phone apps?

4. what about those security systems I see on tv where you can watch your home while out/away?

5. ^redney and lulilu, yes! that is what i mean...some sort of camera that has internet capability. Do either of you (or anyone) have recs for one of those?

6. Sorry I don't have refs for baby monitors with app/Internet capabilities. Ours is over 3 years old and didn't have this option back then.

Try reading reviews online on Amazon, babiesrus, diapers.com? I know there's a slew of options out there.

7. We have one in our daughter room that my husband connected to the internet. We bought it amazon.com and here is the link to the model:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001PF095K/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I had no idea that they were so expensive until I asked him today about it in order to answer your question!!