Name that Tano!

nomoreroom

Aug 26, 2007
Hi Ladies. This is my first time posting in this forum.

I haven't had a Tano bag in a long while -- and now it's about time I got back in. Like everyone here. I have my eye on several bags for fall. So many to choose from!

In the meantime, can anyone help me figure out the name of this style? The tag on the photo said it was from Fall 08. It doesn't look quite like any of the pix I have been able to find of currently available or slightly out of date styles. The color and leather and size are exactly what I want!

Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• IMG_4389-1-1.jpg
    IMG_4389-1-1.jpg
    21.1 KB · Views: 55
Hi Nomoreroom,

Welcome to the forum. I am fairly new to the forum, but it looks like Cooped Up to me. I am pretty sure some of the experience Tano ladies will give you the correct name, but that is my guess. I like the look and size also. Good choice.:tup:

As TE said.. the velvet leather version of the cooped up:
http://www.tanobag.com/detail.cfm?s...&IMMED=&desc=3703_IN_VELVET&makebuy=B&status=

That color is probably ruby... even though it isn't listed on this pic I know I saw others on ebay in that color.

This is the crunch leather version of the bag http://www.tanobag.com/detail.cfm?s...=3703&IMMED=&desc=COOPED_UP&makebuy=B&status= ; the in velvet came later as the same bag but "in velvet" leather ;) get it?! hehe!

Welcome to the Tano Subforum!!!!!!!

I think I have that same bag - it is in the velvet leather, and it is the same color as my ruby baroque beauty, so maybe that one is the ruby. You won't see a whole lot of shout-outs about the velvet leather, but of all of the tanos I have (50+), which include about 8 different leathers, I think that the velvet is my favorite. Mine have worn really really well, and have a depth to the color that some of the other leathers don't. If you can find it at a good price, I say go for it - it holds a lot.

Thanks ladies. After a bit of research and your input -- it is definitely the Cooped Up in Ruby. The photo is from the blog of a retail store in L.A. that has long-since sold out of the bag, but I wanted to be able to keep an eye out for it if it ever becomes available on the 'bay or elsewhere. Unfortunately it doesn't have any outside pockets, which is usually a deal-breaker for me. But I just love the two carrying options as well as the luscious color so I might be able to make an exception!

Im sorry I dont recognize that style offhand. Judging by the TANO NEW YORK label Id say thats its pre- 2005. Tanos dealer website is missing many of the photos going that far back.

Thanks ladies. After a bit of research and your input -- it is definitely the Cooped Up in Ruby. The photo is from the blog of a retail store in L.A. that has long-since sold out of the bag, but I wanted to be able to keep an eye out for it if it ever becomes available on the 'bay or elsewhere. Unfortunately it doesn't have any outside pockets, which is usually a deal-breaker for me. But I just love the two carrying options as well as the luscious color so I might be able to make an exception!

I humbly suggest the Spring Eternal, which I believe is the squishy version (ok, Plush, whatever) of the Mona Lethal.
Sooooo, that means you can wear it FIVE ways instead of only two, and it has 3 outside pockets! :welcome:

Hey Ladies,

I won this black Tano on the bay. It was different. I hope I like it IRL Do you know the name for this style? I have not glue, I p.m. TE and I am waiting for her message to see if she knows. Anyone have an idea???

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=280386617508&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

Haha I was bidding on that too! I'm so desperate for a new tano :nuts: looks like it's in great shape... a great tote bag, enjoy it and take more pics for us when it arrives!

TygerKitty, I did not think of another TPFer wanting this purse, since it is an older model. Sorry....:sad: I just wanted a black Tano, something different. I will shoot you some pics...once I receive her. I hope I like her IRL!:smile:

Oh it's quite alright! I didn't need it, nor should I be spending my money lol. It would have served the same purpose as my black 'up close and personal' tote so yeah... lol I'm just itching to buy something, that's all! I'm glad you won!