Name Jewelry

caxe

-+-+-+-+-+-
O.G.
Mar 31, 2007
Do any of you wear your husband's or boyfriend's or girlfriend's or wife's name in jewelry form? I have been for about a year, I wear my BF's name on a gold dog tag around my neck and strung on a gold chain, on the back is info like his religion, blood type, and SSN. On the front of the tag is his name in big vertical letters. I also wear his name ring (which is way too big for any of my fingers) strung on the same chain. He just asked me one day if I wanted to wear them, and I haven't taken them off since, I wear them day and night. They were gifts to him from his mother, so I wear them with pride, although I wonder why he didn't give them to his son (who shares his first name). The jewelry is pretty, but sometimes I feel silly walking around with his name around my neck.

Do any of you wear name jewelry with your SO's name on it? And if so...why? I don't see a lot of women who do, so sometimes I think I'm the only one who would. I know they sell jewerly like that, to be given to a lover, so I'm curious. And if you've given someone jewelry like that to wear, then why did you do it?

The very first 'real' piece of jewelry that I made was a 'name' bracelet made with sterling silver block letters. I strung my hubby's badge number on it. :smile: I wore it for the longest time and loved it!

I don't wear any name jewelry, but my FI has purchased every piece of jewelry I wear regularly (ering, diamond studs, diamond bracelet and tiffany heart necklace), other than my watch...so even though it doesn't have his name...I see the sparkle and I think of him...

it's not a romantic thing...but i wear my brother's class ring, which has his name on it and his initial incrusted in the stone on top. he got it as a freshman instead of a junior or senior so he could wear it longer and get more use for his money. :smile: he passed away earlier this year and it makes me feel closer to him somehow.

it's not a romantic thing...but i wear my brother's class ring, which has his name on it and his initial incrusted in the stone on top. he got it as a freshman instead of a junior or senior so he could wear it longer and get more use for his money. :smile: he passed away earlier this year and it makes me feel closer to him somehow.

Oh my god...that is so sweet. Awwww...

:heart: