Naked Lust

jenskar

O.G.
May 14, 2007
I just watched the LV website movie of the fall fashion show -- cannot remember when a collection appealed to me the way this one does -- probably too early for close ups of bags but the CLOTHES -- beautiful Grace Kelly 50's shapes. Go to the site, watch, let me know if you're thinking maybe a bag just isnt' going to be enough Louie in your life this fall !!

I have always wanted to get some LV RTW, and when I saw photos of some of the bags with the outfits I just about died. I LOVE the length of the skirts and the blazers, and there was one wool coat that was TDF!! I totally agree with you, if I could I'd get some clothes this time but unfortunately (depending on which way you look at it LOL) there is no LV boutique around me that sell RTW:tdown: and I wouldn't want to buy without trying on.

I just watched the LV website movie of the fall fashion show -- cannot remember when a collection appealed to me the way this one does -- probably too early for close ups of bags but the CLOTHES -- beautiful Grace Kelly 50's shapes. Go to the site, watch, let me know if you're thinking maybe a bag just isnt' going to be enough Louie in your life this fall !!

Totally agree, I am so in lvoe and cannot wait!!!

I saw it, and its absolutely beautiful. I live it more when the clothes look classy end elegant instead of spaceworld-outta here crazy. I realize that fashion is art, or whatever, but i'm not dressing up in picasso, now am i?
Im excited to see what ends up in the store, i have high hopes for this one!

I saw the fall LV show...how nice!!! With much European flair and so much better from the junky "bunny-ears-thing" from last year. Most of the bags were beautiful and some of the clothes were so classy and adorable. Of course, we all have our individual style but it is good to get ideas for next season

I thought it was a reflection of the new world "order" since crash that MJ did a line that was classic, as opposed to his usual artsier stuff. You can feel good about spending money on clothes that feel timeless, no?
I'm adding some pictures from Style.com

Attachments

• 00010m.jpg
    00010m.jpg
    101.6 KB · Views: 96
  • 00030m.jpg
    00030m.jpg
    112.2 KB · Views: 97
  • 00100m.jpg
    00100m.jpg
    111.4 KB · Views: 100
Being a fashion designer myself, I can tell you all that these skirts, or the ones that make it into production, are going to be beyond heavy to wear. The fabrics are so thick and have a tremendous amount of volume. They will probably reduce the flares in the skirt to reduce the weight, so there is a good chance that they will not look exactly like this. But it really was beautiful. The name of the show was "And God Created Woman" and really chartered some very unheard of territory for fashion shows. Why? Because these models are considered voluptuous, which is a nice way to say plus size in the fashion industry--yeah I know, I'm sure they'll we be lot's of spit fire. This season there were so many trends, this being less shown then the others. Prada also experimented with this voluptuous 50/60's esque styling, as well as a few others. The bags are going to be soo expensive though, you can tell bu just looking. But they are incredible. I say snatch up the RTW, because with Marc you just never know. Check out my review at the bellow link....

I watched it last night and was drooling on my PC. I could not get enough of the clothes and I usually laugh at watching fashion shows b/c the styles are so outrageous. One was more beautiful than the other. The bags are beyond words but I agree with the other poster who said they look like they are going to be so so expensive so sadly I probably will not get any. It will be interesting to see what makes it into the boutiques.

I agree with you M ... I have one of the Prada suits where she did the degrade wool/silk blend with a long skirt (07 or 8?) and it is beyond heavy -- so I do not wear it often. And the bags do look divine -- which is after all what we're here for, no? But good on MJ to cast women with some meat on them, as well as women who are over 18. I think it was a very realist show. Will be interesting to see how it comes into the stores. Lah, I don't even know what LV size I am or how he cuts -- but I'm eager to find out.