Naive New Yorker here...

1. Hey all...

I know that a lot of you are from nyc... and I have a sort of... stupid question.

I've lived here for like the past 6 years... and I don't fly a lot... so the whole one time that I actually needed to get to the airport, I had someone I know drive me...

But I have to fly to Wisconsin for a one day business trip... so that means I have to keep all of my receipts for things.. and fill out an expense report to get my cash back from the company....

Question!

How should I get to the airport?? I mean.. I live all the way up on 200th st... there aren't many yellow cabs up here.. just those kinda creepy towncar taxis that i'm skeptical with.

Should I take the subway down to 34th and take a taxi from there?

If I'm taking an AM flight, how much traffic will I hit getting over there and how early should I leave?

I guess I could ask my boss all of these questions, but quite honestly, I don't want to look like a flaming idiot in front of her... :sad:

So yea.. tell me what I should do. :lol:

2. If your company is paying, how about 666-6666, or 777-7777 car services? (you will be reimbursed right?) I am always unsure how much time, but when I book a car service, they will tell me how much time i need to, just talk to the receptionist when you are making the reservations. I never needed a receipt, you can also ask how that works as well.

3. You can call for a car service too. But I would say if you were going to take a sub you could just come down towards the Upper West Side and grab a cab off broadway (or UES if you are that way). I've caught a cab at 4:30 am EASILY!!

Either call for a car service or take the sub down a bit I guess.

The airport will be crowded either way- always leave extra time for the trip incase the driving traffic is bad. I am not sure exact time, but from Mid Town they always tell me to allot 45 min because you never know with traffic.

I have only been here the summer so I am not the best New yorker... but I hope I helped a bit!

4. Haha.. Thanks Christie and Meg. :smile:

I'm so scared I"m going to get caught in so much traffic...

5. Hm.. it's actually not that expensive for the 777-7777 whatever...

I thought it'd be a lot more than that... Okay, that puts my mind at ease a little bit! Whew!

6. Oh. You can get take the subway down to 34th Street. If you can get to Port Authority, there is a bus that will take you to either airport. From where you live, you were almost closer to Newark, but that traffic! I have not lived in that area for a long time. My friend lives I believe near 207 and she was complaining about the limited airport service from there. I think she wound up using the local car service and the guy charged 50 bucks. If you are going to be reimbursed, then I would take a car service, but be prepared to pay. Otherwise, you could pack lightly and take the subway to 34th Street and either get a Super Shutlle or the airport bus form Port Authority. Or take the A and take the airtrain shuttle. Leave LOTS of time--like three hours if you do that. If you use a car service, schedule a lot of time for that, too.

7. You know, I am so dumb! You could also check the Web for airport information. We searched when my friend had to travel from New Jersey.

8. haha.. yes, I did actually think about taking the A train all the way there, but it would take a very long time... I still dont even know when my flight is, so i'm having problems booking anything... but I want to be prepared...

Thanks for your help! :smile:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice