Nail Polish Remover - are the cheap ones bad for your nails? Does it really matter?

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. I tend to use Cutex nail polish remover.

[​IMG]

My bottle is almost finished, and I was planning on getting a new one. It just crossed my mind about the different ones to buy, and started to wonder if there really is a difference between them all.

Never really thought twice before about nail polish removers.

What do you girls think? Any difference between nail polish removers?:s

2. If you have artificial nails, it's very important that you use acetone-free polish remover. Other than that, I don't see what the big difference is. No nail polish remover is good for your nails...

3. :ty:

4. i've always been curious about this as well-great question charisma! i just use whatever drugstore brand i happen to have lying around, whereas my friend uses this ancient dior nail polish remover. i have to admit her remover smells a lot nicer than mine, but not like i enjoy sniffing my polish remover :graucho:/

5. I usually use Lippmann Collection "The Stripper". I have dry fingernails anyway and the drugstore brands really dry them out. I think it is really about the condition your nails are in to start with.

6. I guess just as long as we moisturize our nails, it won't matter if we use the cheaper ones :girlsigh::hrmm:

7. i was told to use the non-acetone ones for nails