Nail Polish recommendations for little girls?

monablu

Dream Catcher
Mar 25, 2006
I saw my neices (3 and 4 years old) over the weekend and they just gushed over my manicure/pedicure so I thought it would be cute to send them some non-toxic kid friendly polishes --- but being that I have a son and not a girlie, can any of you recommend some nice safe colors for little ones?

many thanks! :0)

I don't think you can go wrong with Essie's "Cindy-rella." It's got foolproof application (no opaque color) and looks really understated and sparkly, with a hint of light manicure pink. Give your nieces a good start on looking classy!

This might sound weird seeing as who it's by and all but I LOVE Joan River's Fairy Pales polishes. They come in a set and are all shades of light pinks and creams. They have just the perfect hint of shimmer and color..great for any age!
Here's the link..
QVC.com Shopping=

they're definately not non toxic but the OPI princess charming line would be super cute. they're all shades of pink, most of sparkles, and they're sheer. they also have cute names.

i think raven, hilary duff, bonne belle and mk&a all make lines that have non toxic peel off nail polish (a drug stores or claires). i remember using bonne belle when i was little...the nail polish smelled like strawberries. i wonder if they still make it?

My nieces (7, 5 and 2) are in town too. In the past I have bought them the Revlon quick dry polish as little girls are not that patient. I also kno wthat the Revlon one does not have a product that my sister said could be bad for kids. Can't remember what it is but I researched it a couple years ago.

ya I want to make sure it's non toxic - my sister is uber-against anything chemical and a tree hugger at times so I want to be able to make both parties happy lol

I will check out the peel off one...thanks! :smile:

harlem_cutie said:
my 8 yr old uses Bonne Bell and hillary duff. both found @ target. The Bonne Bell is peel off so it's virtually mess-proof.

Lol..I used the Bonne Bell peel off stuff when I was little..it always smelled really bad to me. Like burnt popcorn or something. Hopefully they've improved on the smell :yucky:

My mom and I indulged my little cousins once (I think they were four and five at the time) with Avon polish in a really pretty light lilac (very Easter-y looking).

The lilac was a departure from the usual pink, buff, or clear, but it was still girly and sweet. They looked absolutely adorable. :smile: