Nail hardner for peeling nails, please help!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stride

Oct 4, 2009
Help, my nails just peel off, as soon as I get 1-2mm of white showing they just peel away and look absolutely awful. I need a program to get them looking good, have tried a cuticle cream/oil but does not seem to be helping my nails.
Thanks for your help:smile:

Do you wear nail polish?

If yes, try changing your polish remover to a non-acetone remover. I also noticed a big difference (less peeling) in my nails when I switched from a cheap non-acetone remover to a more expensive, conditioning one for dry nails.

By peeling to you mean your whole nails looks like there is a layer of skin rubbing off? Or do you mean the ends of your nails are splitting and breaking off?

I've heard great things about the OPI treatment "Nail Envy". It's a clear polish and you apply a layer each day. After a week you remove it and start again. For some people with weak nails it really helped. I have used "OPI Nail Envy for peeling and sensitive nails". I use it as a base coat under my regular polish. Can't say it has worked wonders though :shrugs:

Good luck!

My nails peel a little at the tips from time to time. A friend who is a nail tech told me to file the peeling part completely off and let them grow out. I have done this a few times and it works well. Eventually they do start peeling again, but it usually takes a long time. Only bad thing is when you file them down like this it makes them more prone to break so I cut mine really short.

I use nail tek II and apply it every other day for a week, remove and start over. You can also use it as a base coat and a top coat when you use polish. If you use it with polish still apply it over the polish the protein still penatrates into the nailbed. Also are you using a cuticle oil? Your nails need a balance of strength and moisture in order to maintain a healthy flexible nail. Use Creative Solar oil every night before you go to bed. Even if you have polish on it will go into the matrix of the nail and from there it will go into the nailbed. Put a small drop on each nail and rub in. I have been doing this routine with my nails for years with these products and it works great! If I deviate from this I can tell right away that my nails don't feel the same. HTH.

Status
Not open for further replies.