Nail Extensions.. I'm confused!

I'm a biter :shame: and the reason why I've always been scared to get artificial nails is because of what my natural nails woul dlook like after I got the fakes taken off...I think I'd rather stick to trying to stop biting :biggrin:
My nail tech was telling me that if you are biter you should get fake nails.. I think only way is to get gel nails.. My friend is a biter.. I think its a habit..
I like to bite corner of my nails but now its getting better after i get gel nails done

According to my nail tech, who has been in the business for 25 years, nails are dead, and therefore it is a myth that nails 'breathe'.

Nails are dead but the drills that most technicians use are what thins and destroys nails so much. More higher end salons don't use these drills and tools that tend to get the customer in and out quickly and cheaply.

Acrylic Clear - best if you want strong nails that last until your next appt; not so natural as Gel though.

Gel Clear - Best if you like Natural looking nails but easy to break & you need a good technician because it requires more technique & skills
White Tip

Acrylic (white tips or American tips) - Just like Acrylic. Good if you like the "French Tip" look without the polish. It's easy to manage since all you need is a good top coat & you're good to go.

Gel (white tips or American tips) - Same as above but again for those who prefer French Tips w/o polish.

Pink & White - Just like Acrylic with white tips but this is done without using the actual nail tips. The technician uses only power to mold your nails into shapes. Again you need a good technician & it's actually more natural then the Acrylic white tips.

There is also one more type that is call "Silk Wrap" This is by far the most natural looking because it's thin like natural nails but very hard to maintain because it can break easily.

In my opinion if you want nice long nails, do it on a regular basis, & minimize damage to your own natural nails then it's best to do "Silk or Gel". Acrylics can really damage your natural nails due to the chemical used.

Hope this helps :smile: