Nail decals and nail art

Hurrem1001

O.G.
Mar 24, 2009
Does anyone else like using decals, rhinestones, etc. on their nails? If so, do you do your own? Do you have pictures of your nails?
I've just started doing my own, and I'm interested in other peoples ideas for nail art. I'm left-handed, so I have a heck of a job putting stripes, etc on my left hand. Do you have any hints and tips for me?
Other than Sallys Beauty Supply, what other good stores and websites for decals and products are out there?
Thanks for reading!

No tips here!

I do apply the little nail stickers once in awhile. They are cute for spring/ summer. I put one on my left thumb and another on my right ring finger. I can't handle all of them with stickers.... too much for me!

there are ton of nail decals on ebay :] search 'nail stickers'
to do your left, rest your elbow on a table and move your dominant hand instead of moving the brush

sry if that doesn't make sense @.@

umm like if you're drawing a picture
move the paper, not the pen =D

I always decorate my toes in summer (it's winter here in Australia, so no nail art is on my toenails at the moment). I use decals, striping, rhinestones, you name it. I posted a couple of pics in another thread. I'll see if I can find them.

Diagonal gold striping with aurora borealis rhinestones.
nailart5.jpg

Square clear rhinestones with small round rhinestones in between:
nailart6.jpg

I do all sorts of designs on my toes, but these are the only two pics I have.

I just found this pic too. I did this design on my toes for a wedding. It looked fab with my silver shoes. I apologise in advance for the scarily horrendous closeup.
toenailart.jpg

coachlover, try ebay for your nail art items. If you buy a few items from the same seller, chances are you'll get a discount for postage. Other than that, check out nail and beauty suppliers in your area, as they may be open to the public.

4-3.jpg

I love nail stickers!

1-1.jpg

And nail beads/gems!

I use a tweezer to pick up and place my nail stickers, as using your fingers will keep them from sticking as well. (It's best not to get your finger's oil onto the back of the sticker.) They're a bit easier to place this way.

Michael's craft store is a good place to find tiny gemstones and confetti. And Amazon is great for nail stickers too! ;)

^^ Are they cupcakes? How cute.
I usually use an orangewood stick for nail decals, especially for the soak off ones. They can be a PITA and I've found that's what works best (for me anyway).

regretless, thanks for the tip!
lirette, I'll give the water decals a try, I've only ever used the self adhesive ones so far. I'm going to have a look on Ebay too.
Necromancer, I love the pictures of your nails, they look amazing.
asamiramirez, I love what you've done with yours too.

I'll have to get my husband to show me how to upload pictures to the comuter, I have some pictures of my nails on my phone. I also need to put pictures of all my handbags on this website...I'm so backwards when it comes to computers, it's not even funny.

Anyway, please keep the suggestions, hints, tips and pictures coming!

Nope, not my style. I don't even usually paint my finger nails. Too much maintenance required. I always have my toe nails painted though. Cute toe nail pics necromancer!