N stamped clemence Birkin...no yummy H leather smell?

kristie

"H" is for horses?
O.G.
Oct 10, 2006
So call my crazy but I am a little bummed......I anxiously awaited the FedEx truck's arrival today to deliver my BNIB direct from H black N stamp Birkin 30 in clemence with PHW.

As I opened up the box and pulled away the tissue expecting that LUSCIOUS leather smell.........nothing :huh:

I pulled lovely Miss B30 out of her dustbag and......nothing......even up close :sad:

Part of the excitement of H is that scrumptious smell! Am I crazy to be bummed out? Clemence is usually the best smelling one in my past experience with H.

Anyone else notice this with newer N stamped bags?

gga

Satans Little Helper
O.G.
Dec 16, 2006
No. My N stamped clemence birkin smells like standard clemence. I've noticed in the past that even within a given year the scents associated with any given leather can vary.

I don't think I'd let it ruin your experience. That would be silly.

kristie

"H" is for horses?
O.G.
Oct 10, 2006
Ok, so I just spoke with my H manager that sold me the bag. He said H has changed their tanning process drastically recently as that is why you cannot smell the leather smell as strongly as on slightly older bags. He said the newer tanning process will greatly increase the longevity of the leather and help it to stand the test of time even more rigorously :smile:

Very interesting.......

birkel

O.G.
Jan 17, 2009
well yes and it may happen on some bags some colors what you will notice is that sometimes it may be better, at one point my vert anis togo that had an itoxicating H smell ,did not combine well with my smell can i say this my scent , i put my make up and perfume wallet inside in a zip lock bag but the scent matches mine this is much better not having a atrong scent, enjoy for ever in the best of health darling !!!!!!!!!!!