MZ Wallace Bags (Opinions on MZ Wallace Bags, Part 2)

Yay my bags arrived today! From MZ Wallace, the magnet Frida and small Prussian blue savoy cosmetic bag. And from FotH a navy blue willow. I love them all! The willow is very pretty in person and super light, but I wish it held its shape a bit more (but once filled it'll be fine). Love the Frida and two side zippered pockets! It would be my perfect bag if it had a zipper top. Here are some pics (featuring my two dogs).

Your magnet Frida makes me want the magnet Frida! Beautiful lot, thanks for sharing!!

For those interested if the tribecca fits a 13 inch macbook go to the shopping your own closet thread. Tuuli measured a book that is the same size and posted photos there for you showing how it would fit. Post numbers 4960 and 4961 in that thread. She took great shots.

That is really helpful what she did, but one must be careful interpreting that information. She actually measured a book that is 13" corner to corner. A 13" computer, that's the screen size, not the size of the whole case, which will be larger. A 13" MacBook Pro or MacBook Air measures 15.6" across the diagonal. If a book 14" across the diagonal is the largest that will fit, a MacBook is a no go.

(whether it will fit also depends on the ratio of length to width of the book she used, as well as the depth of the particular book/computer, but I've geeked out too much as it is)

All that said, I am always going on about MZ Wallace's inaccurate or careless listings of dimensions, so any time someone has actual real life measurements or input, I am so grateful! I just wouldn't want anyone to buy a Tribeca on a quick skim of her post thinking a 14" laptop would fit. :cool:

This forum is so enabling..,,,I am new to the lovely MZ Wallace bags. I purchased a navy blue Baby Jane and a sapphire Katherine on the egg hunt and just received a smoke MIa from FOTH and now I think I want more. Can you experts tell me if the MZ Wallace sale (on now) will add more items or if the prices will drop at all?

Also, does anyone have the Bobbi wallet? I'm thinking I'd like to get another wallet.

Thank you. It's so fun to see all the bags and hear how they are used.

Yay my bags arrived today! From MZ Wallace, the magnet Frida and small Prussian blue savoy cosmetic bag. And from FotH a navy blue willow. I love them all! The willow is very pretty in person and super light, but I wish it held its shape a bit more (but once filled it'll be fine). Love the Frida and two side zippered pockets! It would be my perfect bag if it had a zipper top. Here are some pics (featuring my two dogs).

Super distracted with your cutie-pie dogs!
Congrats on your new MZ

This forum is so enabling..,,,I am new to the lovely MZ Wallace bags. I purchased a navy blue Baby Jane and a sapphire Katherine on the egg hunt and just received a smoke MIa from FOTH and now I think I want more. Can you experts tell me if the MZ Wallace sale (on now) will add more items or if the prices will drop at all?

Also, does anyone have the Bobbi wallet? I'm thinking I'd like to get another wallet.

Someone else can answer this also to verify my thoughts...but, usually they do add items to sale as time goes on...either current website items, or older stock that they pull and put back up on website. Prices sometimes drop further, not lower than 50% usually...and waiting it out always means you might miss your opportunity....(the games they play with us....they're good!).

IF, and that's a big IF my memory serves me well, they have not been consistent in the way they add inventory OR drop prices at the end of the sale. A couple of years ago - they really dropped prices on items that were lingering around. Last year, I don't remember them doing anything like this. Who knows?????

their stock is VERY low and i know for a fact there is no prussian blue, kingsport grey or much of any older color, but they will be adding what they have as time goes by. but again, they do not have much stock left.

I love my new mahogany Lizzy!!!

The size is just right for me if I am carrying a medium sized half full cosmetics bag; RM pouch as a wallet (my LV zip will fit also but it will take atleast 1/3 of the inside bag); FIJI bottled water (Poland spring might fit also but will also take another 1/3 of the inside); small light weight umbrella; Kindle (or a Kindle Fire or iPad mini); RayBan sunnies (hard case). Those are the things I have inside the Lizzy today and there might be a room for a piece of fruit or small snack but it held its shape. It does feel a little small for me - but I am used to carrying Longchamp, city or part time Balenciagas as everyday work bag. I may use this on days where I want my arms to be free lol. I have not had a chance to use the shoulder strap yet but try to use it walking around on my lunch break today.

On that note, I love it. But I feel like it clashes on my everyday jewelries (of yellow/white gold & silver). I know mix-matching of metals is the trans nowadays so I guess it is just a matter of getting used to. There are also a lot of rose gold toned jewelries everywhere but I feel like it's too much if I match from earrings to bracelets to necklaces. I'll try to experiment the more I use this bag and will share it with you ladies! :lol:

Here are some quick photos that I took as soon as I opened the box. Please excuse the unmade bed and the photobombing toddler lol.

A magazine will not fit inside.

Some pictures against my Dark Violet Gold HW Balenciaga part time (It is dark violet even though it looks blue on the pictures!)

Attachments

• 20140602_185038.jpg
    20140602_185038.jpg
    414 KB · Views: 709
  • 20140602_185134.jpg
    20140602_185134.jpg
    403.1 KB · Views: 672
  • 20140602_185106.jpg
    20140602_185106.jpg
    317.3 KB · Views: 673
  • 20140602_185306.jpg
    20140602_185306.jpg
    407.4 KB · Views: 648
  • 20140602_185219.jpg
    20140602_185219.jpg
    513 KB · Views: 643
  • 20140602_185202.jpg
    20140602_185202.jpg
    493.5 KB · Views: 649
Reactions: taho

The size is just right for me if I am carrying a medium sized half full cosmetics bag; RM pouch as a wallet (my LV zip will fit also but it will take atleast 1/3 of the inside bag); FIJI bottled water (Poland spring might fit also but will also take another 1/3 of the inside); small light weight umbrella; Kindle (or a Kindle Fire or iPad mini); RayBan sunnies (hard case). Those are the things I have inside the Lizzy today and there might be a room for a piece of fruit or small snack but it held its shape. It does feel a little small for me - but I am used to carrying Longchamp, city or part time Balenciagas as everyday work bag. I may use this on days where I want my arms to be free lol. I have not had a chance to use the shoulder strap yet but try to use it walking around on my lunch break today.

On that note, I love it. But I feel like it clashes on my everyday jewelries (of yellow/white gold & silver). I know mix-matching of metals is the trans nowadays so I guess it is just a matter of getting used to. There are also a lot of rose gold toned jewelries everywhere but I feel like it's too much if I match from earrings to bracelets to necklaces. I'll try to experiment the more I use this bag and will share it with you ladies! :lol:

Here are some quick photos that I took as soon as I opened the box. Please excuse the unmade bed and the photobombing toddler lol.

A magazine will not fit inside.

Some pictures against my Dark Violet Gold HW Balenciaga part time (It is dark violet even though it looks blue on the pictures!)

I have a different Lizzy with rosegold hardware. Mixing rosegold with other metals doesn't bother me somehow. It feels like a color not a metal to me. Whereas I do pause with gold jewelry and silver hardware or vice versa. Convince yourself of my weird thought process, and you'll be all set! Love the mahagoney.

Gorgeous!! Of course, I'm biased. :P

To make the most of the space in a smaller bag I like to use as few organizers and pouches as possible -- so, I keep everything in my wallet rather than using separate wallet/card case/coin purse, and I sometimes put small items like lip gloss, earbuds, mints, tissues, etc. directly into the provided zip compartments rather than inside a cosmetic case. It won't work for everyone and it is a little bit more hassle when switching bags, but it's worth it to me to keep the weight of the bag down and make the most of its capacity.

I also try to really make use of those outside pockets for phone, wallet, sunglasses, keys so that the inside is mostly free. Also makes that stuff easier to access.

I agree with Reba's comment about thinking of the rose gold as its own color. I don't mind mixing metals but maybe you could get a piece of jewelry that includes all three metal colors, something along the lines of a Cartier Trinity? To sort of mentally unify all the jewelry and bag hardware you may be carrying. Here I am enabling yet another purchase...

Using my Frida today and really loving it. It is comfy on the shoulder and slouches beautifully. The side zippered pockets are perfect for holding my phone, work ID, and Metro card, and they both have a low fabric gate so things won't fall out when you unzip.

Attachments

• 1401812628821.jpg
    1401812628821.jpg
    102.7 KB · Views: 620
Using my Frida today and really loving it. It is comfy on the shoulder and slouches beautifully. The side zippered pockets are perfect for holding my phone, work ID, and Metro card, and they both have a low fabric gate so things won't fall out when you unzip.

Love the magnet with red accents. So pretty...❤️