"mystery box" for sale on 'bay

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. #2 Sep 23, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 23, 2010
    :rolleyes: How funny! I have heard it all now!

I can't believe someone actually placed a bid on it! The seller says it's a D&B purse with a $195 price tag on it, but she doesn't say how old it is or what condition it is in. Just because it comes with a price tag doesn't mean anything... the tag could be attached to the bag with a safety pin or a piece of tape!

2. EXACTLY - who knows what condition that thing is in! and yet someone placed a bid!!:graucho: i swear you can't think you have ever seen it all on ebay!

3. isn't every box a mystery box

4. :lol: yes exactly katlun!!! which is why i said i worry about what i will recieve when i KNOW what i bid on!!:P

5. Yep, the people just keep getting weirder and weirder! Thanks for posting that auction, it gave me a chuckle! :lol:

6. :roflmfao: wow I've definitely seen it all now.

7. Seller has 3 of these listed. :nuts:

8. Life is like a mystery box for sale on ebay...you'd never gonna know what you're gonna get...

9. Didn't they used to have many more of these...and maybe even a category? We are talking years and years ago....

10. Yes. They're not allowed now on Ebay.

11. Wait, I don't get it... The price tag says $195... and yet the Seller paid $300 for it? What? Am I missing something here?

12. You used to see a ton of these on eBay, some of them selling for quite high prices. I remember one seller would add items for every $50 in bids.

yoglood: I think she's trying to imply that there will be multiple items, one of which is a D&B purse worth $195.

13. Wow, I guess that skirts around the "item not described/as pictured" issue!:thinking:

14. Seller is revealing that one of the items in the box is a D&B Bag with $195.00 price tag on it. From the wording in the auction, it sounds like there's other stuff besides the D&B bag included which total $300.00. Nonetheless, it's crazy!