Mysterious large explosion/sound near Seattle today

ParkAvenuePrincess

Due Feb 20th
O.G.
May 23, 2006
UK
this reminds me of that time in the 90's when there was a massive explosion in the middle of the Autrailian outback no one knew what it was but it measured on all the world geometric devises & monitors as a nuclear explosion though the area it happened in was totally uninhabited. Then a few years later, when that cult set of fall the gas in the Tokyo subway & the police investigated it, it turns out that the cult own a massive (several hundred thousand square miles) in hte middle of the Australian outback ~ exactly where this explosion had come from!!

Pursegrrl

Oh no she di-int!!
O.G.
Jun 1, 2006
Seattle
How weird!! I didn't hear a thang or hear anything about it until now! thanks for the scoop, Roo!

Sternchen

O.G.
May 16, 2006
Bavaria, Germany
Airplanes and sonic booms have always interested me, I'm constantly on airliners.net and checking out the pictures that htey have of the airplanes. Here's one that's very interesting, showing a fighter jet very near the sound barrier:

mooks

May 4, 2007
That's too cool!!!

I can't wait to see the Aurora, if it's anything like Stealth it's going to be beautiful

robyn

Are we there yet?
O.G.
Mar 31, 2006
D.C. suburbs
I am going to have fun teasing my Dad at dinner tonight -- his plane has been spotted!

He was on the design team for both the SR-71 and its predecesor and right before he retired he was working on something that he couldn't talk about so we all used to tease him about working on the Aurora -- especially because what ever he was working on required flying 2-3 time zones west every week or so:roflmfao:

bagnshoofetish

resist.
O.G.
Feb 12, 2006
earth
I'm betting its military. they don't have to tell anyone what they are doing. just yesterday, the same thing happened over here. at warner bros. studios, they heard a huge rumbling noise, buildings started shaking, then a loud boom. people were running outside and freaking out and not just at the studio. turns out, a military jet flew very low over forest lawn cemetary where an airforce guy was being buried and no one bothered to let anyone know. and just because your nearest military base is an hour away, these jets fly for miles at incredible speeds. you gotta know they also are always testing aircraft we don't even know about...my money is on military.:yes:

bravorodrig

along for the ride
Apr 9, 2007
Somewhere beyond the sea...
I used to go to the University of Puget Sound and we'd hear shtuff like that once in a while from Fort Lewis and it'd scare the shtuff outta me! But you're much further north - I'm sure it's something that somebody doesn't want everybody to know! Weird...
Shtuff....:roflmfao::roflmfao: My new favorite word!!! If I heard that sound and the house shaking and the dog hiding like you did Roo, the shtuff would me scared out of me too...All the secrets...

My mom's house, the one I grew up in, is near an military air base here in PR. It's supposedly a National Guard base. Late a night we'd hear all kinds of whooshes and booms...we kinda grew used to them.

Lamiastella, that picture is :okay:. WOW!!