Mysteries of scarf folding

Jun 23, 2007
And I'm talking about folding odd-shaped babies back into their odd-shaped boxes.
Specifically, giant pointu jerseys. They come in the right size box, with a folding form, but it is mathematically impossible to fold that sucker back so it is a perfect triangle again. And, I pride myself on perfect re-folding of all scarves with their tissue and fabric meeting up at the end, say a stole or an, ulp, mousseline GM or poncho. Can't go to sleep until it's right.
It's actually the jersey anything, but it is so much worse for the triangle. Yesterday, I got it into two triangles which became a rectangle. I should have been able to fold it half and put it in the box.
The beautiful pointu looks so pretty, and drapes so well, it deserves so much better than going into its box scrunchy.
I think it should have a tube or something that would make it easier to put away. And the square jerseys as well.
Any ideas?

I don't have experience with the triangles but am just as mystified trying to fit a GM cashmere/silk into the tiny rectangular box the boutique put it in. I guess that's no help! Perhaps a SA could show you?

Why do we want to fold scarves into their original sharp creases anyway ?
Would we wear any other item of clothing with shop -sharp creases ? Mais , non !

I imagine that silk jersey is crease resistant anyway!
So , relax ! I hate to think of your sleepless nights , mine are peopled by scarf decisions too ....

I have one and it took me over an hour to fold it and get back in the box and I still don't know how I did LOL

And I'm talking about folding odd-shaped babies back into their odd-shaped boxes.
Specifically, giant pointu jerseys. They come in the right size box, with a folding form, but it is mathematically impossible to fold that sucker back so it is a perfect triangle again. And, I pride myself on perfect re-folding of all scarves with their tissue and fabric meeting up at the end, say a stole or an, ulp, mousseline GM or poncho. Can't go to sleep until it's right.
It's actually the jersey anything, but it is so much worse for the triangle. Yesterday, I got it into two triangles which became a rectangle. I should have been able to fold it half and put it in the box.
The beautiful pointu looks so pretty, and drapes so well, it deserves so much better than going into its box scrunchy.
I think it should have a tube or something that would make it easier to put away. And the square jerseys as well.
Any ideas?

Balto Bag Lady,
I am in the exact same position as you! I too, have the maxi pointu jersey scarves as well as 90cm jersey ones, and as much as I try to "even them up", they just slip and slide around in the box! The maxi one doesn't seem to fold evenly at the seams. Perhaps those aren't true triangles? (I am not a geometry whiz, so....) Anyway, I just fold it in multiple triangles to "fit" the box. I do enjoy the drape of the maxi ones the best! I will keep reading your thread on this topic to learn how to fold them. (It drives me crazy, too!) Sorry I am no help...just commiserating with you....

You amazed me how you could get those cashmeres folded with ease while mine still elude me and ya know what -- as anal as I can be, I will finally say scr*w this. There is work waiting and the house to manage, a dog to walk, meals to fix and troubleshoot whatever else springs up -- another one who has a ruptured disc and surgery. It's a matter of priorities and as much as I adore H scarves and take the best possible care of them, if I don't get the tissue in the right place, fey, hey, time is up, lid it and up on the shelf it goes.

As for your triangle folding -- I'm betting dollars to donuts the SAs can do it blindfolded so on your next trip to Tysons ask for a lesson.

I don't have experience with the triangles but am just as mystified trying to fit a GM cashmere/silk into the tiny rectangular box the boutique put it in. I guess that's no help! Perhaps a SA could show you?

My first GM came in a square, deep box. But, it was impossible to make it fit. Once I got it to work, along came those silly new boxes. What I do is make sure the folds of the scarf meet up with the folds of the paper. And then, the folds follow. Usually, the GM winds up in thirds and fits perfectly in the box. I am so picky about the way that the scarves are folded. The mousellines, also a problem. My first bit of advice with a mouselline is make certain that ceiling fans are turned off!
I mostly do my serious folding on the dining room table. Sitting to save my lower back.
Tomorrow I am going to one of favorite SAs and I'm going to ask her for a giant round box to store my giant triangle and be done with it. I have been taken down by silk jersey.