does myspace cause drama?

• yes it does

• no it doesn't

• it depends on the people involved

Results are only viewable after voting.

sophiae

O.G.
Sep 9, 2006
in my experience, myspace actually has caused drama for people, myself included, where no problems existed before (eg. top friends, comments, etc.). i was just wondering what others think about this?

I've never had an issues with myspace... I find it a great way to stay connected with friends that I don't normally talk to on a daily basis.

Personally, the only problem with myspace I've had is finding my students pages & seeing VERY inappropriate pictures posted... I mean, if I can find them, who knows who else is viewing their pages...?

But yes... the students who worry tend to post inappropriate comments, pictures, etc.... and someone always manages to take offense... to the point of taking general comments as though they are specifically aimed.

I enjoy maintaining my own page, and hope my friends enjoy it, too.

I have to say it does. I didn't close my account, but I did remove all information from it. I keep it so I can keep tabs on a few friends that refuse to use Facebook.

It caused drama for me at one point. A guy I was dating had a few nasty ex-gfs that decided to make me their target. On one occasion, I had posted photos of some pals and I during an EGL tea in my blog. In response, this girl actually went through the trouble of recreating my event in mockery of it, with her friends, and posted the pics on her page. It was the saddest thing I'd ever seen, lol

I secretly *hate* myspace. I signed up when I read some comments some girls wrote on my boyfriends page. Being in an artistic network, it's not really about keeping up with friends for us, it's about networking. I take it a bit lightly but apparently my boyfriend thinks it's actually serious networking and has done some things that really, really upset me but he just laughs them off because they're just "internet stuff".
I hate myspace. There, I said it.

My friends are not a drama filled bunch, but one thing that did cause a bit of drama was the top 8, so I found a code to remove it from my profile. After that, it was smooth sailing.

I've been on myspace since it started. It's all me and my Bon Jovi girls that post. I am not listed with my real name (close but spelled different) because employers and potential employers check myspace now. I have found long lost friends thru myspace.

It only becomes drama if you LET it become drama!

in terms of my own drama with myspace, most of the drama that i have witnessed is with the "top friends" part of the page. people always get hurt about who's on it, in relation to themselves. sometimes it kind of puts people in their place when they think they're close to someone and find out that the other person doesn't feel that way.

I believe drama depends of the people involved. I don't think it's necessarily triggered by myspace, but maybe the fact that you're saying this behind a screen gives people a nerve to pick fights and such.