myspace = drama?

does myspace cause drama?

• yes it does

• no it doesn't

• it depends on the people involved

Results are only viewable after voting.
ITA! it has it has caused so many problems for me, soo annoying

i've had "friends" contact me who i haven't seen since i was a child..and they're so jealous & nasty...without myspace, it seems like we would never have crossed paths again & then i wouldn't have to deal with them
I deleted my friendster account 2 years ago because some people from way back have been harrassing me. :nogood:

Plus it's so awkward bumping into profiles of ex boyfriends...

I used to date a guy who is basically too attractive for his own good. He had this Myspace fan club army consisting of 14-16 year old girls who would flood his page with comments about how hot he was.

Apparently one of them was obsessed to the point that she saved the pictures from my boyfriend's page and made an account pretending to be him. She then made ANOTHER account, which had pictures of me, but she changed my named to "Sarah" and pretended to be me. "Sarah" and the fake boyfriend then left love comments for each other, acting like they were dating...

When I came across this, it was seriously the end of Myspace for me. Way too creepy!

Wow...psycho much? That's creepy!

Myspace has a lot of freaks, which is why I made my profile private. I'm still getting a lot of friend requests from bands/businesses/etc. so I may make it so my last name or email is required.

But I have found a lot of old friends through Myspace (including the guy I went to my high school prom with!) so it's kind of cool in that way.

I don't think its too bad, as long as you don't remain "friends" with people who aren't exactly friends anymore. Private profiles have made it a little safer as well. I don't go on it as much anymore, mostly to stay in touch with old friends since myspace seems to be a huge high school reunion :roflmfao:

I hate myspace. There, I said it.

:roflmfao: haha! me too! hmm .. believe me, u don't want to get me started. i might make some enemies! haha ..

in all honesty .. i've never had one, and never will. i've checked out my friends and stuff .. but i totally see where the drama can start! i do understand how people can go on to reconnect with friends and that's cool .. but personally .. i feel to old to have one [ even though i'm still young ] .. but it's definitely geared towards teens [ no offense to others! ] .. i just can't stand the dumb thing .. lol! i like to call my friends, have lunch .. not message them on the internet! haha! not debating .. just my opinion :smile:

oops i did go off a little! :nuts:

I think it depends on the people or age bracket. I had a profile and wound up removing it because there was a lot of advertising and freaks contacting me. Also, I didn't really find it useful as a network and it served no purpose for myself.

I don't use myspace but I have Facebook and it does cause drama. Especially when I have my status like "Melissa is pissed" and I could be pissed because my dog pissed on the floor but everyone assumes it's my bf or something LOL.

It's kind of funny but it doesn't really bother or affect me so no biggy.

I just read in my city paper today, that the state I live in (can't remember if it was all states or just mine) forced MySpace to release all addresses. In doing so, they discovered 300 child sex offenders in my state using MySpace. But, that's only those who registered w/their real name.

the main issue i have with myspace is getting hit on by a lot of stupid idiots. I just delete their messages and go on with my life. I've never had any real drama because of myspace. The most "drama like" think that has happened was I was dumb enough to actually agree to chat with some guy and he started bugging me and insisting I just come over to his house and wouldn't leave me alone. As a result I just ignore all guys that try to meet me through myspace.

I've never had any problems or drama with Myspace. I'm homeschooled, so it's not like I have hundreds of friends. I only use it to keep in touch with friends that I ice skate with & meet online, so I've kept my friend list to about 50. I don't put my name in the search or say the exact town I live in either, so I guess I'm kind of safe. I also hide my top friends... cuz I don't have much use for it!! :P