myspace = drama?

does myspace cause drama?

• yes it does

• no it doesn't

• it depends on the people involved

Results are only viewable after voting.
I used to date a guy who is basically too attractive for his own good. He had this Myspace fan club army consisting of 14-16 year old girls who would flood his page with comments about how hot he was.

Apparently one of them was obsessed to the point that she saved the pictures from my boyfriend's page and made an account pretending to be him. She then made ANOTHER account, which had pictures of me, but she changed my named to "Sarah" and pretended to be me. "Sarah" and the fake boyfriend then left love comments for each other, acting like they were dating...

When I came across this, it was seriously the end of Myspace for me. Way too creepy!

I've been on myspace since it started. It's all me and my Bon Jovi girls that post. I am not listed with my real name (close but spelled different) because employers and potential employers check myspace now. I have found long lost friends thru myspace.

It only becomes drama if you LET it become drama!

So sad, but so true. Never use the same email address that your have given your employer/boss..etc etc and keep your profile on private.

If you are having problems w/ people being mad over your top 8, change it to show only top 4 and make them all your fav bands. I have some friends that have done this, seems to work out for them.

I believe drama depends of the people involved. I don't think it's necessarily triggered by myspace, but maybe the fact that you're saying this behind a screen gives people a nerve to pick fights and such.

ITA. Like the girl who thought she was dating my bf using my page as fodder for her degrading blog posts about me. We never knew about each other until she found me on there and started commenting on her page about how she couldn't believe someone could be "stupid" enough to buy expensive bags and calling herself "simple" (meaning she was so much better than me because she wasn't into frivelous things), had her friends look at my page and comment about my looks etc.
I guess she finally got over herself and gave up because she doesn't comment about me anymore.

I also don't use my real name on there either (I changed my last name).

Gosh I have never thought of it.I have an account there but never visit.I know many freaks are around but how can they hurt anyone?
I know a friend of my brother's who is there often but hasn't had any problems...(as far as I know)

ITA. Like the girl who thought she was dating my bf using my page as fodder for her degrading blog posts about me. We never knew about each other until she found me on there and started commenting on her page about how she couldn't believe someone could be "stupid" enough to buy expensive bags and calling herself "simple" (meaning she was so much better than me because she wasn't into frivelous things), had her friends look at my page and comment about my looks etc.
I guess she finally got over herself and gave up because she doesn't comment about me anymore.

I also don't use my real name on there either (I changed my last name).
Ouch that was harsh...:wtf:

i hate myspace to a certain extent. i found out that my ex had been cheating on me from checking his myspace. not a good way to find out :nogood: actually, that's how i found out about the site. now i have an account to keep in touch with friends.

That's horrible. I'm sorry it happened to you! :tdown:
i hate myspace to a certain extent. i found out that my ex had been cheating on me from checking his myspace. not a good way to find out :nogood: actually, that's how i found out about the site. now i have an account to keep in touch with friends.

it has caused my many problems with my ex and his ex-girlfriends :sad: it was crazy that an internet page had so much influence on our real-life relationship! when the relationship ended, i left myspace for good. i am certain i will never go back!

Im a member of myspace and I totally understand what you're saying. there are alot of freaks on it, people who just have no lives and only want to hurt other. But it is good to keep in touch with regular friends.

The top 8 arguements allways happen, someone gets upset when they are not in your top 8. there are also people who think they are myspace Celebrities :s lol.

The top friends thing never really bothered me. I have a top 20 that I keep so I don't leave anyone behind, but I don't feel like they're obligated to keep me on their top 8s or whatever...esp. when I'm on someone else's top friends but they're not listed on my top friends.

Hence: myspace = no drama for me

I only like to go on myspace to reconnect with old friends and look up old classmates. Pathetic, I know...but there are some things that I learned through myspace that make me go :wtf:

Oh yeah, I use a fake name, but I keep my piccie up...because I know whenever I try to add friends, they don't know who it is! :rolleyes: And it's on private so no bad info out...

I had MAJOR issues with MySpace. I tell everyone to stay away! THere are too many freaks on there!
ITA! it has it has caused so many problems for me, soo annoying

i've had "friends" contact me who i haven't seen since i was a child..and they're so jealous & nasty...without myspace, it seems like we would never have crossed paths again & then i wouldn't have to deal with them