Myrtille hardware on my bag

shorner1

Jul 28, 2013
I recently bought a speedy with the Myrtille hardware off of Ebay. I had never seen that silver color hardware before. Does anyone know how it looks as time passes by? Does it decay like the brass seems to on the 10+ year bags?

Also, I like it better than the brass - anyone know why it seems such a rare choice for LV to use?

I recently bought a speedy with the Myrtille hardware off of Ebay. I had never seen that silver color hardware before. Does anyone know how it looks as time passes by? Does it decay like the brass seems to on the 10+ year bags?

Also, I like it better than the brass - anyone know why it seems such a rare choice for LV to use?

pics please.......

What are you talking about? What is Myrtille hardware on a speedy? I think you may not be getting any responses because no one understands what you are referring to. Are you talking about Malletier? As in the vintage Louis Vuittons made in the USA under license by the French Company rather than Louis Vuitton? They were never made with silver hardware. Only brass. Can you load a picture or explain?

If you have a bag with silver hardware that has Malletier hardware it's probably not authentic. I started buying LVs back in the late 1970s. The French company bags were faked just like LVs are now. Was your bag authenticated? Anyway, let us know what you mean by "Myrtille hardware," and maybe we can help answer your question.

Last edited:
Myrtille is not the hardware-- it's the blue color of the bag... The hardware is the typical palladium used with epi models. No, it does not decay or rust. It wears well through time.

I think the OP is saying they have bought a Myrtille coloured epi bag and is wondering how the hardware wears. I appreciate the query hasn't been worded in the best way.

However, I have several bags with this hardware and it wears much better than the traditional golden toned hardware.

Myrtille is not the hardware-- it's the blue color of the bag... The hardware is the typical palladium used with epi models. No, it does not decay or rust. It wears well through time.

The OP stated "I bought the speedy with the Myrtille hardware," not the Myrtille Speedy with silver hardware. That's why I asked. She said it had "myrtille hardware." I also agree - if she has a Myrtille epi speedy with silver hardware, it will wear just fine.

Simply, Myrtille Epi was released with silver-colored hardware at a time when the other Epi was being sold with brass-colored. I assume it's because it looked better that way. So, this is why it seems unusual when looking at vintage Epi.

I believe it's been holding up just fine, and of course today's Epi bags use the silver-toned hardware.

I have a myrtlle epi petit noe and the hardware color is silver.