Mypoupette took my money .....

newmom

O.G.
Nov 15, 2007
(Sorry, this is a long post)

I won and paid for a Marc Jacobs zip clutch before it was deemed to be fake by the ladies in the Marc Jacobs sub-forum (yes, silly me I know :sad:) I contacted the seller about it but she insists that it's real and ships it out, saying tpf is not one of the recognised authorites for authentication. So when I received the clutch, I took pics and again posted in the Marc Jacobs Authenticate This thread. It was confirmed again to be fake.

Seller refused to communicate, so I opened a paypal claim. I then received an email from paypal saying they require a Written Statement of Non-authenticity from an independent third party within a certain number of days, ending 30 April. I asked around in tpf, and the suggestions were caroldiva and mypoupette, so I sent emails to both.

Unfortunately, caroldiva was away until 29th april (auto-response from her email). By the time mypoupette replied, it was around 27th April, 3 days before the Written Statement was due to paypal. They said they could do it and asked for payment and pictures.

They had several grades of service, cheapest being 7-days turnaround time and most expensive for the 2-day turnaround. As paypal's deadline fast approaching, I paid $30 on 28th April for a Super Rush job so they could submit to paypal by 30th April, and sent them the pics. I also copies them paypal's message on what was needed in the statement and the fax number.

I waited and waited but didn't hear anything from mypoupette, but I assumed they submitted the statement directly to paypal.

I emailed and left a message on their live chat on 2 May but didn't hear from them till this monday 5th May. Their reply: Sorry, we unexpectedly couldn't be online the last few days, let us check our emails for your pictures and get back to you :shrugs::cursing::wtf:.

Well I've been emailing them everyday now asking for an answer and I still havent' heard from them, CAN YOU BELEIVE IT!!!!???? their live chat is always offline too. Meanwhile, paypal has sent a reminder that they have not received anything to support my claim and may end it soon.

So what do I do now? I AM SO MAD WITH MYPOUPETTE!!!!! I may end up out of pocket for the MJ zip clutch (which I can accept, cos it was due to my own stupidity) AND MYPOUPETTE'S FEES!!!

ARGGHHHHH!!!!!

(Thanks for reading this rant)

I emailed and left a message on their live chat on 2 May but didn't hear from them till this monday 5th May. Their reply: Sorry, we unexpectedly couldn't be online the last few days, let us check our emails for your pictures and get back to you :shrugs::cursing::wtf:

That's a pretty common excuse for them :rolleyes: I highly doubt their computer systems crash for days at a time on a regular basis.

Thanks for all the sympathy and the PMs.

ItalianFashion - yes, I am considering contacting Carol again, she seems friendly when she returned my email previously, but she needs pictures of an authentic zip clutch to authenticate from. And I'm dreading the prospect of trying to get my money back from mypoupette too :confused1::sad:

Contact CarolDiva.com now, newmom, hurry up... You can file dispute to get back your money from PayPal. Frankly, MyPoupette "service" is already a "public secret" :Push:

2-3 years ago, I paid them several times for authenticate service, they never get back and at that point, I didn't know that we can file dispute with PayPal and I still wished that they will come and respond me but they did nothing! Now, you know you can file PAyPal dispute but the most important thing to do, contact CarolDiva.com now, she will get back not more than 12 hours, I totally recomended her :tup:

That is unfortunate, I would be furious! Did you pay MP through paypal &/or a credit card? That is pretty crappy of them to steal your money and not provide the service as promised.

Haha, i emailed to caroldiva barely an hour ago and SHE REPLIED ALREADY! So looks like i'll be using her services.

Anyone has pics of an authentic MJ zip clutch?

If carol has authenticated for you I would ask for money back from mypoupette. I have heard too many bad things about them. You would think that in todays economic climate they would appreciate having work...:nogood:

I've told mypoupette i'm terminating their services and i've opened a paypal claim to get what I paid them - i paid by paypal with a credit card.

I've heard bits and pieces about mypoupette not being as good as they were, but I didn't know it would be this bad. Perhaps they only give good service to big-ticket LV items??

New Mom, glad caroldiva is helping you. Did you pay by credit card backed paypal for the wallet? If so and if fleabay does not back you you can file a dispute for a chargeback through your credit card company. Same with the mypoupette fees. Good luck.