Mylockme in navy or V tote?

Entanglement

Jan 25, 2020
Hello,
I’m new and deciding on a new LV handbag for my 40th bday.
I already have the Artsy in monogram canvas and medium sized Alma in vernis and this time I’d like an everyday bag.
Is anyone still wearing their canvas Artsy? I put mine away for my daughter. At some point I found these were everywhere and now I only see a few in black. I feel like the canvas Artsy might have been a passing fad? So this time I’d like to purchase something classic that isn’t susceptible to trends. The Alma vernis is my absolute favourite but it does look quite dressy for a school run! Can anyone give me their opinion on the Mylockme in navy or the V tote in dune. Are these classic shapes to stay? Is the dune colour likely get dirty?
And whilst on the subject of LV handbags - why are the cappuccinos so incredibly expensive? I saw one and although it is beautiful I just can’t quite grasp why it’s so expensive!

Thank you!!

Attachments

• 871DED5D-DAB0-4083-870C-E2885382A039.png
    871DED5D-DAB0-4083-870C-E2885382A039.png
    330.8 KB · Views: 273
  • 3DB63384-C1D6-4A4C-9577-2B6FC7599DAA.png
    3DB63384-C1D6-4A4C-9577-2B6FC7599DAA.png
    424.6 KB · Views: 271
Hello,
I’m new and deciding on a new LV handbag for my 40th bday.
I already have the Artsy in monogram canvas and medium sized Alma in vernis and this time I’d like an everyday bag.
Is anyone still wearing their canvas Artsy? I put mine away for my daughter. At some point I found these were everywhere and now I only see a few in black. I feel like the canvas Artsy might have been a passing fad? So this time I’d like to purchase something classic that isn’t susceptible to trends. The Alma vernis is my absolute favourite but it does look quite dressy for a school run! Can anyone give me their opinion on the Mylockme in navy or the V tote in dune. Are these classic shapes to stay? Is the dune colour likely get dirty?
And whilst on the subject of LV handbags - why are the cappuccinos so incredibly expensive? I saw one and although it is beautiful I just can’t quite grasp why it’s so expensive!

Thank you!!
They are both exquisite. So I can't be much help, But, leaning toward V Tote. Agree about the Cappucines.

These two are quite different, both very feminine. Do you want more of a tote (one big opening) or more of a handheld bag (accordion compartments) that has a long strap? I think it'd be wise to take the items you carry daily and try them at your local store.

Style-wise I prefer MyLockMe. Function-wise, I love totes, so V tote. Sorry I'm no help. Hahaha.:smile::smile::smile:

Happy birthday though. 40 is very worth celebrating.

I wanted a MyLockMe but after I tried it on in the boutique I fell out of love quickly. The leather is wonderfully soft but very prone to scratches (the bag already looked wrecked from being tried on!) and it was so soft I feared it would lose shape quickly. I own a V Tote BB and it is a wonderfully functional bag, and the Empreinte leather is very durable. I usually carry it without the shoulder strap but it’s nice to have the option.

I don’t own any light-colored bags because I worry about them showing wear more quickly.

You can never predict if something will look outdated or not.

Reactions: hart88hart