my ZC needs your help!

wifeyb

wallet whore
O.G.
Aug 20, 2006
Hi Ladies!
So yesterday I decided to switch to my zc, but before i did, i saw she def. needed a cleaning (bought used on ebay)

i appled her yesterday, and shes still dirty! any suggestions?? can she take a bath?? i know ive seen some ladies in coach do that with their leather bags, this is my only piece of MJ i own as of now, so i want her to be perfect!!

any suggestions??? these pics are after the apple, and drying over night.
(ps-sorry for the poor quality iphone pics!)

34da48ab.jpg

aae916d5.jpg

16a2443f.jpg

267b5cc3.jpg

9ba13aa8.jpg

thanks in advance for your time and suggestions!!! :P

Don't give it a bath! :shocked: That leather isn't meant to get wet. Coach leather is a lot different than MJ leather. Short of having the item redyed (which I think would cost more than the item is worth) I don't think it will ever look like new again. You might be able to touch up the color with a combo of shoe polish and acrylic paint though. Hopefully some of our more experienced DIYers will have some other suggestions for you. Good luck! :flowers:

Last edited:
i would test out some saddle soap in a very small inconspicuous area. i think if anything would help, that's be it. the issues colors like this have had is an actual oxidation of the leather from oils in the skin as well as from the air and dirt. once it's darkened, it's very difficult to get back to like new, especially this particular color. sorry, that's not much help....but i dont think the acrylic paint route would work on this one, because of the way the color is adhered

hmmm....so would it be better for my next zc, to get a darker color? or quilted??

thanks thus far for the help!!! any other home remedies ladies????

I don't think it's necessarily a matter of what the materials are; I think the wallet was just abused. :P

And like june said, "home" remedies might not be your best bet for this wallet. It sounds like it would most benefit from a professional cleaning that could extract the oils out of the leather, which like Melly said might cost more than the ZC's worth.

Good luck!

I don't think it's necessarily a matter of what the materials are; I think the wallet was just abused. :P

LOL! That's exactly what I was thinking!

Prices are so cheap right now that you should be able to get a ZC in great shape for a very reasonable price. If you want to make it appear newer longer then just treat it with leather protectant and condition it occasionally. Good luck!

^ I'm glad you agree with me, and now I agree with you. ;) The seller probably never conditioned the leather to protect it, but if you get another wallet in the future and take good care of it, then it will look much better than that one!