My YSL TribToo Pumps (avec pix!)

Thanks everyone, I'm glad you like them! I, too, thought they might cross a bit into stripper-shoe territory, but in person they look much more delicate than they photograph (at least in my photos!)

They are VERY high, and the ultra-thin heel doesn't help much with balance, but practice (and more legwork at the gym) seems to help. The heel is 5-3/4 inches and the platform about 1-3/4 inches, so the actual rise is about 4 inches, or equivalent to wearing a 4-inch heel. I know the Louboutin women like Magdalena can handle that! :yes:

I got them last week at NeimanMarcus online - they had only one pair left and it was in my YSL size, so I figured it was fate :yahoo:

There's nothing stripper about sexy IMO. Just wear them with a classy outfit, beautiful shoes!

Thanks again for your comments! Fortunately I did well on their first outing on Sunday night - just dinner, so walking from the car to the restaurant was a do-able distance. But I will definitely go splat in them if I'm not careful, so I'm practicing my queenly stride before the next outing this weekend. And watching the F/W 08 catwalk show on the YSL website for tips.

Good point about the proper outfit! At dinner I wore them with a simple grey satin fitted shift dress that reached just below the knee, and I think the effect was just right. My new pasttime this week is developing outfits around the shoes :P

Thank you!

I go out to dinner or drinks with friends often and to lots of parties, and the shoes are perfect for that (we love to dress up). Since I can't walk too terribly far in them yet, I'm trying to minimize any excessive strolling situations! However I practice a lot sauntering down my hallway:P

I'll try and post some outfits with the shoes - I've done only dresses so far but am trying them with cropped trousers and a skinny leather jacket this weekend, so let's see if that's a success....

I think I remember reading on another thread people wondering about blue soles. They said they saw some on Real Housewives of Manhattan reunion show, and theorized it couldnt be - it was just the lighting, or a special edition CL. I wonder if it was these afterall.