My worst nightmare just happened!!!!

itsonly4me

Oskar Waltz
O.G.
May 8, 2007
Okay so I am posting from my iPhone so I will keep this short and update soon.

So on march 10 th I sold a LV bag for 1800. I packed everything up and asked my dad if he could drop it off at the PO for me since he was going to the dry cleaners. I wrote down on a piece of paper that I needed it priority with signature conf. So he gets home and hands me the tracking number. I glance at the reciept and my heart sank as I read. ... Delivery confirmation.... As soon as I saw that I got a horrible feeling in my stomach. I always do sig conf as I know it's what eBay requires and it makes me feel safe. So.. As the week goes on I check and Check the tracking number until I finally see the status as delivered. Burr assured me she would be home and if not she had a licked box that they would leave it in. So it was delivered on the 13th or 14th I will have to double check when I get home.....

So I sent the buyer an email asking I'd she got it and if so to leave me positive feedback. Meanwhile I hear nothin from her.. Which was odd as she always responded right away. I just had a very uneasy feeling. So I figured well I guess she got t, it happ with it and is one of those people who don't contact u after the transaction ( has happened befre with no incident). Then out of nowhere I get an email from paypal that they have a hold on my funds and my account is negative 600+ dollars (money I had just transferee out 30 mins before). I almost died!!! I KNEW this was gonna happen!!!!! So my question is.. Will paypal take my tracking info and rule in my favor? Or because I did not require a signature.. Will they side with her??? I really think she is tryin to pull a fa st one since she knows I didn't do a sig conf!! hELP!!!

I don't have any information as to how eBay/PayPal would handle this, but I just wanted to offer support. That's a very stressful situation, and one of my worst eBay nightmares too. :sad: Hopefully the buyer will do the right thing and not give you any trouble with this.

So Sorry this is happening, OP......Anything $250 and over requires insurance and signature confirmation.....they got me on this once and it was a hard lesson learned.

Thank you, yes I am well aware of the requirements and as I stated I always use Signature conf... unfortunately my dad got confused and thought delivery conf and sig conf were the same thing.

I don't have any information as to how eBay/PayPal would handle this, but I just wanted to offer support. That's a very stressful situation, and one of my worst eBay nightmares too. :sad: Hopefully the buyer will do the right thing and not give you any trouble with this.

Thanks sarahsar.. its just really unfortunate that this type of thing can happen.. if the post man/woman delivers the item (especially to a locked box) how can the buyer claim they didnt get it?

It also seems SO convenient that she had a "personal emergency" thats why she took so long to respond/open a dispute. Also she opened the dispute and escalated it to a claim right away.... before she even emailed me!!

I am soo sorry!
I hope Paypal rules in your favor but I am afraid since you got no signature confirmation Paypal will side with the buyer. Again, I am very sorry!

from what you wrote it sounds like a buyer you've dealt with before..it seems strange that she would scam you if she's a repeat customer..but you never know i guess..

did you have some money in before? just wondering why your paypal is negative 600+

if you..do not use that paypal account can they chase you for the additional 1200 if the buyer wins the case? (knock on wood)

It also seems SO convenient that she had a "personal emergency" thats why she took so long to respond/open a dispute. Also she opened the dispute and escalated it to a claim right away.... before she even emailed me!!

Oh, I missed that in your earlier post that she had disputed it! I thought the hold on funds was the thing they do sometimes until the buyer leaves positive feedback or delivery is confirmed. That's awful. That's kind of both sneaky and savvy of the buyer to realize you are at risk in this because there wasn't signature confirmation. I do think it's very suspicious that she started the dispute process immediately without any communication to you.

So are you saying the buyer claims she did not receive it?

Yes.. they opened an item not received with paypal

I am soo sorry!
I hope Paypal rules in your favor but I am afraid since you got no signature confirmation Paypal will side with the buyer. Again, I am very sorry!

I know, I have this feeling as well. :-s

How about getting her contact info and calling her before this gets any crazier?

Yes, I will possibly try this tomorrow, though not sure what else there is to say?

from what you wrote it sounds like a buyer you've dealt with before..it seems strange that she would scam you if she's a repeat customer..but you never know i guess..

did you have some money in before? just wondering why your paypal is negative 600+

if you..do not use that paypal account can they chase you for the additional 1200 if the buyer wins the case? (knock on wood)

No she is not a repeat customer. Yes I had money in my paypal balance from other sales.

Oh, I missed that in your earlier post that she had disputed it! I thought the hold on funds was the thing they do sometimes until the buyer leaves positive feedback or delivery is confirmed. That's awful. That's kind of both sneaky and savvy of the buyer to realize you are at risk in this because there wasn't signature confirmation. I do think it's very suspicious that she started the dispute process immediately without any communication to you.

Oh thats ok, my first posts probably didnt make any sense anyway! I was at a birthday party and everyone kept asking who I was talking to? LOL

Anyway, I know if I had not received something... I would certainly email the seller before I opened and escalated a dispute!!

BTW this is the email I got... after the paypal dispute was opened..

Hi - due to a personal emergency, I was away this week. I got your message that the item was delivered, however I still have not received it. I have checked with my neighbors to see if it was mis-delivered to one of them by mistake. I believe that you sent it as I’ve checked the status online, but it was never left in my box (which is a lock-box) nor has there been a slip left for post office pickup. I apologize but I cannot afford to be out the item and that much money so I have to open up a dispute. Please let me know if you have additional information.