My worst nightmare just happened!!!!

ah okay, i think i mistaken it from the 'i always hear from her' but i think that is pre-shipping and pre-selling. i'm sorry about that

i really hope things turn out for the best..

also if it is delivered to a lock box.. then she'd be out of luck? maybe contact the local postal office and see if the person who delivered it on xx/xx/xx (who was working on duty that day and time) and see if they remember delivering it to that lock box..

Was the package insured? I'm no expert on this, but if they didn't get it delivered to the right person and it was insured, maybe you can make a claim with whatever postal service you used? Signature or not, they must have a process of dealing with things if a package doesn't get where it's supposed to go. If she really was out of town and they just left it out in the open, maybe she really didn't receive it?

From an objective point of view, her claims are entirely legit. I've had parcels require signature confirmation delivered to my neighbour before! Neighbour doesn't check that the address is correct and just signs for the package. Fortunately, we're on good terms so parcel eventually got back to me but if it's really hard to say if her neighbour (who may secretly hate her!) would keep if she saw that she had accidnetally signed for an LV bag!

From an objective point of view, her claims are entirely legit.

I've had parcels require signature confirmation delivered to my neighbour before! Neighbour doesn't check that the address is correct and just signs for the package. Fortunately, we're on good terms so parcel eventually got back to me.

But, if it's really hard to say if her neighbour (who may secretly hate her!) would keep if she saw that she had accidentally signed for an LV bag!

Check her feedback history see if there's a hint that she might be dishonest.

^unfortunately the OP's father confused sig delivery and confirmation with confirmation only..so there is no sig delivery..

and it is to a lock box? not just, left on the porch..so it has to be accidently delivered to wrong address which would be the post office fault

^^^yes I certainly plan to, thanks!

no problem! you're welcome. i hope for the best.

wow im so sorry i really hope this works out for you. i had a buyer recently do a buy it now. the lady messaged asking would i ship for free if she BIN so i said sure. i ship it the next day tracking and insurance. i put it in a medium flat rate box in a dust bag stuffed with tissue and wrapped. well it gets delivered no feedback so 3 days later i message her asking if she got it and is everything okay. she replies yes and i was thinking of mailing you because im very disappointed. the bag is full of wrinkles. i was very appologetic even though i dont take returns i asked what i could do to help. she goes on about it being so wrinkled. it was a damn coach large carly bag. mind you it was a tiny bit big for that box if placed right it fit. no way it would wrinkle. i suggested to get it steamed at the store or something. she says that its 2 hrs away. so i ask to see pics so i could help more. suddenly she says shes going to bed and would email the next day. never got any. got a message 2 days later, a friend helped get em out. okay great. i feel like she was fishing for something. ive never had a problem before. im really fed up with people on ebay and there scams. i hope she doesnt scam you. sorry reading your post just urks me. people need to stop being so dishonest.

^unfortunately the OP's father confused sig delivery and confirmation with confirmation only..so there is no sig delivery..

and it is to a lock box? not just, left on the porch..so it has to be accidently delivered to wrong address which would be the post office fault

no problem! you're welcome. i hope for the best.

Thanks to DS I did do the google earth and saw a picture of her house.. right across the street there is a very large lock box which seems could easily hold the box size I sent.

wow im so sorry i really hope this works out for you. i had a buyer recently do a buy it now. the lady messaged asking would i ship for free if she BIN so i said sure. i ship it the next day tracking and insurance. i put it in a medium flat rate box in a dust bag stuffed with tissue and wrapped. well it gets delivered no feedback so 3 days later i message her asking if she got it and is everything okay. she replies yes and i was thinking of mailing you because im very disappointed. the bag is full of wrinkles. i was very appologetic even though i dont take returns i asked what i could do to help. she goes on about it being so wrinkled. it was a damn coach large carly bag. mind you it was a tiny bit big for that box if placed right it fit. no way it would wrinkle. i suggested to get it steamed at the store or something. she says that its 2 hrs away. so i ask to see pics so i could help more. suddenly she says shes going to bed and would email the next day. never got any. got a message 2 days later, a friend helped get em out. okay great. i feel like she was fishing for something. ive never had a problem before. im really fed up with people on ebay and there scams. i hope she doesnt scam you. sorry reading your post just urks me. people need to stop being so dishonest.

Wow, glad things worked out for you. I Know what you mean.. seems like everyone wants some $$ back or something.

I agree that the buyer COULD be honest, but its just hard for me to believe that she just happened to have an emergency when a 1800 bag was being delivered to her house....

so i ask to see pics so i could help more. suddenly she says shes going to bed and would email the next day. never got any. got a message 2 days later, a friend helped get em out. okay great. i feel like she was fishing for something. ive never had a problem before. im really fed up with people on ebay and there scams. i hope she doesnt scam you. sorry reading your post just urks me. people need to stop being so dishonest.

Good one. I actually think that requesting for pictures is usually a great way to sift out the genuine cases from those trying to fish for a partial refund.

From an objective point of view, her claims are entirely legit.

I've had parcels require signature confirmation delivered to my neighbour before! Neighbour doesn't check that the address is correct and just signs for the package. Fortunately, we're on good terms so parcel eventually got back to me.

But, if it's really hard to say if her neighbour (who may secretly hate her!) would keep if she saw that she had accidentally signed for an LV bag!

Check her feedback history see if there's a hint that she might be dishonest.

Yes, you are completely right... she could very well be telling the truth, you just never know! Something seems fishy to me though!

I did check her feedback and saw that she recently got a negative for behing a "DISHONEST seller"

DISHONEST seller - did not sell the item at auction price - excuses and lies!Buyer: alexiana-2009 ( 72
iconBlueStar_25x25.gif
)
Mar-04-10 20:33
  • Reply by nmmo***** (Mar-05-10 09:30):

Still has NOT paid and wants bag, please. I don't think so. SELLERS BEWARE!!!!

Yes, you are completely right... she could very well be telling the truth, you just never know! Something seems fishy to me though!

I did check her feedback and saw that she recently got a negative for behing a "DISHONEST seller"

DISHONEST seller - did not sell the item at auction price - excuses and lies!Buyer: alexiana-2009( 72pics.ebaystatic.com/aw/pics/icon/iconBlueStar_25x25.gif)
Mar-04-10 20:33
  • Reply by nmmo***** (Mar-05-10 09:30):

Still has NOT paid and wants bag, please. I don't think so. SELLERS BEWARE!!!!

• I really think that ebay should reveal abit more information about these transactions so we know who's telling the truth. It needn't be alot -- just the same information that we have on our selling page -- Date of auction close, Date of payment, date of shipment w tracking (if any). At least we can then decide who's correct.

Of course we'll have some misses since I do also accept bank deposits, preferring it since I'll save paypal fees. Still, it's better than the current fb system which IMO, sometimes looks like an ugly slugfest to see who has more scathing remarks!