my woc's leather chain is peeling

xianfang

Jul 22, 2014
I just bought my red caviar woc less than 2montha ago and used it only on weekend. The leather on the chain is peeling. Bummer 😧
Gonna bring it to the boutique tmrw morning. It's my 2nd chanel bag and dissapointed. It makes me think whether i should buy more.

Attachments

• 1410140367122-1-1.jpg
    1410140367122-1-1.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 909
Mine did this. It wasn't "peeling", but it came undone wear it was "glued" together. Why they "glue" and not stitch anything on a Chanel is beside me, but the boutique fixed it for free. They shipped it out and the leather was sewn back together. It is hard to tell from the pic, but it looks like the exact same issue that I had with my WOC. It was a very easy fix. This actually seems to be a common problem unfortunately. I think they need to re-evaluate the craftsmanship on these Chanels. I actually had only used my WOC once for about 30 minutes and saw it immediately.

Hopefully it can be fixed and free of charge since it's considered new. 😢
JE2824, did u ever ask for exchange? Since u only wear it once.
Anyway, will update u all the outcome after tmrw.

Hopefully it can be fixed and free of charge since it's considered new. 😢
JE2824, did u ever ask for exchange? Since u only wear it once.
Anyway, will update u all the outcome after tmrw.

They did look at the boutique to see if they had any in stock and they did not. They did not know when they were getting another shipment as they had just received a huge WOC shipment. I actually bought mine before the price increase a few months ago, and just wore it for the first time for a formal wedding. I really do love the caviar on mine as well. It's shiny and not dull. Honestly, the WOC looks brand new. I can't even tell where it came apart. I am definitely happy with it how it was handled and repaired. Please keep us posted. It is more of a nuisance than anything.

Sooo brought it in to the bputique and the SA just said so sorry abput it and said unclearly if it's peeling or glue thingy. She just filled up the repair form and told me that the repair will take 4-6wks. She didnt know if they're gonna change the whole chain or just glue it.
Also i saw a few red caviar wocs, looks like new shipments. It's at chanel bputique san francisco if anyone interested.

Sooo brought it in to the bputique and the SA just said so sorry abput it and said unclearly if it's peeling or glue thingy. She just filled up the repair form and told me that the repair will take 4-6wks. She didnt know if they're gonna change the whole chain or just glue it.
Also i saw a few red caviar wocs, looks like new shipments. It's at chanel bputique san francisco if anyone interested.

So sorry you have to wait for your strap to be reglued. This should be such an easy fix (and really shouldn't happen at all with a bag).