My whipsnakes are damaged!

fashion16

O.G.
Apr 15, 2007
I bought a brand new pair of whipsnake CLs from ebay and they arrived the day before I left for a 10 day business trip. I quickly checked them out when I got them, tried them on etc. and put them back in their box until today. I noticed there is a significant sized hole in the snakeskin!!! I am so upset! I have never filed a SNAD before w/ ebay and I hate to go through the hassle. What do you guys think? Should I just let it go? They are originally $820.00 and I did get them for $322.00 so, an ok price but they are supposed to be brand new/perfect condition
:cry:
Sorry, I tried to include a pic but it said file size exceeded TPF limit...

Last edited:
I don't know if it is repairable or not. It is weird. You can tell the shoes have never been worn (the sole is in perfect condition) but there is a dime size hole in the snakeskin down where the skin meets the bottom of the shoe on the size of the shoe. The leather underneath is a creamish color (the whipsnake is cream & black) so it is very hard to tell but when you look up close, you can tell there is a hole there. Gosh I wish I could upload the pic but I get file size errors ....

Edit: I actually paid $355.00 not $322.00....I am one of those people that keeps my things in great condition and to get a brand new pair of shoes already damaged makes me feel queezy.

So sorry that your whipsnakes are damaged :sad:
If you upload the image first to something like photobucket, it'll let you post. Otherwise you have to resize the pic.

Honestly, it is not very noticeable, but it is something that should have been disclosed. Did you leave feedback yet?

ETA: The seller may have not even known about the spot.

Last edited:
I did already leave positive feedback because the seller was very pleasant to work with. She had fast shipment and great communication prior to shipping. I have e-mailed her to see what she says. I am glad it isn't that noticable but it still bugs me, ya know?

That is very unfortunate and disappointing. Who knows if they seller actually knew about it. I'm guessing the answer, regardless is going to be 'no'. Hopefully this can be worked out.

I agree with Sara, looks like one of the scales came off. On my pythons I have noticed the larger scales along the sole of the shoe are pretty fragile where they are bent to attach the sole. They seem to want to pucker out despite how much I try to coax them down. Wouldn't be hard to get one caught on even the tissue paper packing.