• Fashionphile's Very Merry Sale launched today and ends on Friday at 11:59pm EST! $100 off your order of $1,000+ with code MERRY100, $200 off your order of $2,000+ with code MERRY200, or $300 off your order of $3,000+ with code MERRY300! Click or tap here to shop and save!

My whipsnakes are damaged!

Alice1979

Toxic
O.G.
Jul 28, 2008
NY
It's hardly noticeable. But I am sorry for the disappointment. Hopefully it'll work out with the seller.

carlinha

O.G.
Jul 27, 2008
yes i agree with everyone, it is hardly noticeable, and it does look like one of the scales fell off. the owner probably did not even notice it. but i am very sorry if you are upset, i know how i also like my shoes to be perfect without flaws. if you can accept this tiny imperfection, i think the shoes are beautiful!!!

pr1nc355

Orange Pyramid
O.G.
May 24, 2006
I don't own snakeskin shoes, but I wasn't able to see much in the pic, so it was hardly noticeable to me. However, if you're not satisfied, and the shoes were listed as "brand new", maybe you should try to talk the seller into taking them back. It's possible she didn't see the damage before she listed them, but you should be happy with your purchase.

fashion16

O.G.
Apr 15, 2007
So I wrote the seller (bought the shoes on ebay) and the seller claims the shoes were brand new in the box purchased straight from a CL boutique but she sold them to me at 60% off of retail? Anyway, her exact words were that the transaction is complete and she doesn't take returns so I am out of luck. I have opened a claim with paypal. Ugh. I hope this all works out.

rilokiley

Oct 15, 2008
^ Are you sure you want to return them?...

You got them for an amazing price, and if you didn't circle the missing scale, I would have never noticed. I would just keep them and make sure to regularly condition them to keep the other scales in good condition :flowers:

Bitstuff

O.G.
Mar 23, 2007
Ireland
I'm sorry to hear about your damaged whipsnakes. Gosh, whipsnake is so beautiful.

They are certainly not repairable. You can't just find a scale from somewhere (where?) and slap it on.

The seller could have been honourable and given you a small partial refund. Instead she declared the transaction complete and had nothing else to say. It seems to me she was aware of the missing scale, but that is just my opinion based on what you described.

Good luck with your claim. Even though the shoes are not *significantly* not as described, they are not as described and dishonest sellers need a reality check - they can't always get away with lies and whitholding information.

fashion16

O.G.
Apr 15, 2007
I realize that I got an amazing price but the damage and this experience kind of spoils my view on these shoes. If PayPal doesn't find in my favor, I will probably either keep them (if I can look past the damage) or try to sell them on ebay and disclose the damage and hope to get at least some of my money back.
I realize the seller may not have noticed b/c it isn't super noticable but it seems odd now that I got them for such a great price without the seller knowing they were damaged.