My vintage LV's has arrived !!! Reveal !

Shoebaglady

~Totes & Pockets~
Oct 5, 2011
~Canada~
I have always wanted vintage LV but didn't know where to find authentic pieces in my area. So, when a reputable Canadian site had a huge vintage LV sale, I couldn't resist and picked up these two "new to me" pieces: (sorry for the huge pics)

First, a mono pochette - the bag was in good condition but I'll have to buy a new strap.

I was very excited to see the discontinued Saumur 35. It has a nice patina for being 22 years old.

The leather is very dry and I've been using leather conditioner but it still feels stiff. Any suggestions on how to soften the leather and canvas? I'd prefer it if she was soft and squishy:P

Shoebaglady

~Totes & Pockets~
Oct 5, 2011
~Canada~
congrats!!! which online store did you purchase at? I live in Toronto and would love to sneak a peek.
It was Beyond the Rack ! They had a black friday vintage LV blowout and it was insane ! They have the LV sale often - might have some on there right now actually.

If you don't have a membership, pm me your email and I'll send you an invite.

Cait

only once you live
Dec 11, 2005
Congrats SBL. Promising if a bag looks like that after over 2 decades... :yes:

(fashionably yours?)

ETA: nvm, saw it was Beyond the Rack.

Lilarose

Sep 27, 2009
I would think any good leather cream will soften the vachetta straps.

I've used the Lexol vinyl conditioner with great success on old canvas, i.e. a circa 1980s piece. A little goes a long way!

Congrats on your oldies but goodies!

Shoebaglady

~Totes & Pockets~
Oct 5, 2011
~Canada~
I would think any good leather cream will soften the vachetta straps.

I've used the Lexol vinyl conditioner with great success on old canvas, i.e. a circa 1980s piece. A little goes a long way!

Congrats on your oldies but goodies!
I didn't even know vinyl conditioner existed! thanks for the tip:smile: