My very first YSL easy

Jan 16, 2009
My DH came home tonight w this in his hands! So excited!!!

image-3414760328.png

But kinda on the fence about keeping it. After inspection, noticed slight wearing of corners and slight scratches. This isn't normal, right? Sorry for the dark pictures.

image-3235680927.png

image-2548697726.png

I'm pretty picky about my bags... I like them to be in PERFECT condition upon purchase. If this is how it's supposed to look, I'm thinking of exchanging for a patent leather.

this is so pretty, love the color! i find that some of the leathers are really delicate, but i don't blame you for wanted a flawless bag upon purchase.

What a pretty color. Is that the medium size - the larger one? I don't blame you for being on the fence one bit. I am an SA's worst nightmare I think. If I am going to spend the money for something such as a beautiful NEW bag I want it to be perfect. I don't have a YSL boutique near me so have had to order from one so don't have the opportunity to examine before purchasing. If it isn't what I expect I send it back. I think with any leather bag you will get some wear on the corners over time but I wouldn't expect that from a new bag that you have yet to use but I am new to YSL. The bag I just received was the same type of leather and no signs of wear.

I don't think its you...does look like that has some wear. If you aren't 100% thrilled, just exchange it for another one!

sasquaty said:
What a pretty color. Is that the medium size - the larger one? I don't blame you for being on the fence one bit. I am an SA's worst nightmare I think. If I am going to spend the money for something such as a beautiful NEW bag I want it to be perfect. I don't have a YSL boutique near me so have had to order from one so don't have the opportunity to examine before purchasing. If it isn't what I expect I send it back. I think with any leather bag you will get some wear on the corners over time but I wouldn't expect that from a new bag that you have yet to use but I am new to YSL. The bag I just received was the same type of leather and no signs of wear.

Yes, it's the med size. I guess I was wondering cus to ME it looked worn n when I pointed it out to DH he said that's how it's supposed to look. Lol. But good to know that it's not normal.. Going today to exchange. Thnx! :smile:

In the brighter blue and particularly with crest/pebbbled leather you are going to see som variations in color and texture--so in a way it WILL look used. I believe it is normal and to be expected. I have two crest Easys and both are very different in the amount of texture and color saturation. In fact if I compare my crest Easy to say, Vesna's, hers is WAY more textured. And I've seen other black Easys where I've noted that mine is quite saturated in color. I doubt it is wear on the corners; I think it is more that the corners were folded in such a way where it appears lighter. I think the same by the zipper. (Zippers can be a beast to put on.)

If you don't like the idea of a bag that looks broken in, then exchanging for patent might be better. But I will say that crest/pebbled leather is really versatile--and for that reason alone I suggest reconsidering and keeping it. You can wear it with everything. Patent is a bit more formal and it won't look as nice with shorts or a flirty sundress or sweats or your favorite beat up jeans.

Yah, I was thinking that too, but upon examining I saw the small scratches near the handles/zippers and a bit of peeling of the leather near the zipper.

But I think I will exchange for a more pebbled looking one, now that u mention it. Thnx!! :smile:

Thnx for all the replies. Went to YSL today and asked to see a more pebbled version of the blue. They came out with two others, but they weren't very pebbly at all :/. There was a tan one whose texture that I LOVED and it was very nice, but just wasn't Feelin it... I really wanted a colorful bag since all my other bags are neutral toned.

Anyways... I went in with one bag and came out with two!! And I'm very happy about my choices (although in the back of my mind I can't stop thinking about the tan one :P )

image-3152546239.png

image-1137191197.png

image-3825577633.png

Next two modeling pics are grainy cuz I had to crop out the mess in my DH's office.

image-4261128220.png

image-2310439672.png

It's weird (and my DH said this as well without me saying anything) but my med patent blue easy looks so much better at home than in the store! I guess it's meant to be :heart:.

wow, this is really nice....I am a "crest" type, but this looks amazing...I would for certain return the crest blue with faded corners and peeling

YSL crest CAN be awesome, and it does depend from piece to piece

Cosmo had a black besace peeling heavily after a week of carrying, I have mine for 2 years and as good as new

you did great

and can always go for tan :smile:

It's gorgeous! I've been carrying my patent easy quite a bit since July and it still looks brand new but my friend got an easy in the crest in dark grey and within a month it looked so worn in and scuffed. she took it in and they said that's the way it's supposed to look, but I wouldn't carry a bag that looked that bad after only one month. I think you made a good choice!

Thnx ladies for letting me share my new loves ;). I can't wait to use them and I have a feeling I'll b adding more to my little YSL collection... The tan is still on my brain. Uh ohhhh. Keke. Happy holidays! :biggrin: