My very first MAM!

Sally Says

Jul 2, 2008
This post is sort of bitter-sweet.

I've spent ages on this forum drooling over the gorgeous pictures and dreaming about the perfect bag for me. I already had my ideal Mini Nikki (Bomar's Deep Red -TDF!), so I set my sights on the perfect Morning After. I'm petite, so I knew it had to be a mini. This would be a huge splurge for me, so I knew it had to be a neutral color that I could wear with everything. And it had to have black and white lining with original brass hardware.

So here she is: (sorry my pictures aren't that great, it was the wrong time of day) Morning After Mini, Midnight Black, black and white mosaic lining, brass hardware.....

Unfortunately, since I want to maintain marital harmony I can't keep her. Taking these pictures made me so sad! But since there aren't too many pictures of Midnight Black and I've enjoyed everyone else's photos I wanted to contribute!

sunlitmoon

Sep 23, 2006
Aww she's beautiful! I'm so sorry you can't keep her, thanks for the pictures though!!

Sally Says

Jul 2, 2008
:heart: Thanks everyone!

I really wish I could keep her. When I bought it I tried to justify the purchase by telling myself that it's a classic black bag that I will carry for years.... half an hour later a wine MAM came up for sale and I completely lost control of myself!! I can't keep both.

Do you think I should keep the Midnight since I already have a Deep Red Mini Nikki? :confused1:

MichK

Nov 1, 2008
This is a gorgeous bag! I personally think you should keep this instead of the wine, since you have a deep red mini Nikki. This has a totally different look. I love that it looks classic - and I adore the brass hardware. But, really, the decision is yours. Go with your gut feel - ie. keep the bag you love.

Sally Says

Jul 2, 2008
Gah! Right after I took the pics I packed her back up and put her right back in the box. But the more that I look at my own pictures, the more I think I should keep the classic black instead of the luscious wine!!

I'm expecting my wine MAM on Friday. I know she's going to be just as gorgeous - black & white floral lining with brass hardware. If miss Midnight hasn't sold by Friday I may have some soul searching to do....:rolleyes:

sunlitmoon

Sep 23, 2006
Being a fiend for wine this is a hard one for me! Ahhh I wish you could keep both. I hope the decision becomes easier for you once your wine mam arrives. My first instinct is to say keep that gorgeous black bag but I know how tempting wine is. Sorry I am not more helpful but good luck!

Nov 28, 2006
Sally, that bag is just sooooo pretty!! I really want my next mam to be black, Midnight is perfect! I wish you could keep both bags, but i think you should make your decision when the wine comes in. IMO, wine can be a great neutral as well, i have a bag in a wine/burgandy color and it goes well with everything. Good luck let us know what you choose!

gr8ful1

Jul 15, 2008
Wait a minute. The Bomar's red is the same color as wine, just a different type of leather. I think you should keep the black. If you are only keeping two bags, why have them both be the same color? The black also has a different lining. I think the other two will have the same lining, no?

Sally Says

Jul 2, 2008
Many thanks to everyone for your input! It's true, Bomar's Red is the same as wine. I'm just obsessed with the wine leather & floral lining... they match my lunch bag and water bottle!! (my husband thinks I've lost my mind)

Attachments