My very first J12 WHITE

skylover83

O.G.
Sep 12, 2009
Hi, girls. My DB promised to get J12 white 33mm with diamond hour markers for this christmas. I am sooo excited but am not really sure which dial would be better-white or mother pearl. And another concern is that whether I am joining this party too late. Would this be so-out-of-trend later on? Should I rather stick to Rolex/Cartier for watch? Anyways, I need your opinion on choosing right dial. Which one do you think better? Thanx, all~

Lucky you, birkin girl.;) Black one looks amazing as well. I think J12 is more suitable for everyday use and that's the reason why I love J12. I think I should go for it. Thanks for the input. Any recommendations for the dial?

I looove my white J12. I never feel tempted by other watches now! I think the style is here to stay at least for a few more years, especially judging by the increasing number of similar watches being produced these days by other companies. However, what matters most is how much YOU love it. I am the type of person who a ceramic watch works for. It's me...even if it goes out of fashion later I will still love it and want to wear it everyday because it suits my sense of style. I don't need everyone else to like it to love it myself. However, if you have always been drawn to regular metal watches, maybe a rolex or cartier would be better for you. They are classic watches that people cherish forever. You just have to decide which is better for you.

As for the face, maybe I am out of touch with newer models, but I thought white J12's just had white faces with no options for mother of pearl. I know there are fancy ones with diamond faces and such, but that's a whole different ball game!

I thought this 10 years ago when I was choosing... (I went with Rolex btw) and look what happened. That being said, I feel like ceramic has had its day... At least oversized... if you do go for it get the mother of pearl... congrats on your soon to be new watch!
Hi, girls. My DB promised to get J12 white 33mm with diamond hour markers for this christmas. I am sooo excited but am not really sure which dial would be better-white or mother pearl. And another concern is that whether I am joining this party too late. Would this be so-out-of-trend later on? Should I rather stick to Rolex/Cartier for watch? Anyways, I need your opinion on choosing right dial. Which one do you think better? Thanx, all~

If you can get a ROLEX....................get the ROLEX!!! guarantee never out of date and it will go with all your bags either with silver chains or gold as the Rolex do have 2 tone styles. But its really up to you.

If you can get a ROLEX....................get the ROLEX!!! guarantee never out of date and it will go with all your bags either with silver chains or gold as the Rolex do have 2 tone styles. But its really up to you.

Ditto. I love the J12, but am not sure I'd jump on the oversized white ceramic watch trend to the 5-figure tune. Unless you have unlimited funds - in which case, get the white AND the black!

Ditto. I love the J12, but am not sure I'd jump on the oversized white ceramic watch trend to the 5-figure tune. Unless you have unlimited funds - in which case, get the white AND the black!
2nd! Totally agree. I think we've reached the apex of the J12/ceramic trend. Although I love the black.

i bought mine last jan..i don't think the j12 will go out of fashion....its been around for a long time...

personally would go for the 33mm as looks less sporty, i went for the mop dial with diamond markers as it felt more special and unique..try them on for yourself to see which one u prefer....

I have 2 Rolex's, a sterling mid-size, and a men's two tone with a diamond bezel which I wear everyday. I love them because they are classic and will never go out of style. I have a I never get tired of them and they look great with everything : )

Its personal taste though, if you love the J12 get the J12!

Last edited:
I have all 3 - a black 33mm J12 with diamond markers, a mid-size stainless steel Rolex with diamond markers and a two-tone Ballon Bleu. I have to say that I wear the J12 more because it is virtually indestructible. It is just great for travel and everyday. Also, I don't think it will go out of style any time soon. I will always wear mine. As someone else stated, it just fits my lifestyle. Love it, go for it. Good Luck!

I just bought the plain white J12 38mm for my birthday and I love it as much as my Rolex. I find they are 2 very different watches for various occasions and they both suit my lifestyle. Hope you'll get it and enjoy it too. Lucky gal ;)

I don't have a Rolex, but I do have a Cartier and two J12s. I rarely wear my Cartier tank, while I wear my white J12 in the summer and black one in the winter.

With the MOP dial, I feel like there's a bit too much going on and clashes with the clean lines. Diamond markers are perfect on the white J12 IMO.