my very first eBay listing...

1. Hi everyone - ummm, I've just tried doing a listing for eBay - my very first listing - but its not showing up!!! I followed everything it told me to do.... ummm, is anyone able to help me???
    thanks in advance.... -o0o0o i cant believe i'm doing eBay listings - SO scary!!!!!

2. i think the listing takes a few hours to show up on eBay...

3. oh really???? thanks so much :smile:

4. Good luck with the sale!

5. They cycle in, somewhere in the listing form it says something about taking a few hours...if you want, post the auction #, if you are new to it - plus, millions have listed, and we all had to do the first one-good luck to you!

6. Yeah, it takes up to 6 hours sometimes... theres lots of indexing and such involved in posting a listing.. plus people are listing millions of auctions each hour, so the eBay people have to index them, then they show up..

7. :flowers: thank you so much everyone!!! you've put my mind to rest - eBay is just so scary!!!

8. welcome :flowers:

9. Your first listing is v exciting - I got a bit obessed though and ended up checking it every five minutes to see if anyone had bid!! Good Luck:flowers:

10. Good luck Helen! I am about to list my first item on ebay too. I am so scared to screw it up though. LOL!!! So we are in this together!

11. LOL...I would check every hour just to see if I had any watchers or people that had viewed my listing!

Congrats on your first listing!

12. Congrats Helen...I just did my first listing too 3 days ago. I put it up at 11 & it didn't show until 6 that night. It's crazy 6 hours!! I just got my first bid :yahoo: but now I'm nervous b/c I'm not quite sure if paypal/ebay sends out invoices on there own or if I have to do it...& do I need to add my banking account to receive payments through paypal, they already have my CC #. I'll ask here b/c maybe you may have the same questions.

13. I have a listing and it also took 6 hours to show up. It was making me a little paranoid, because auctions that started after mine were being listed first. It did finally show up though!

Good luck to you and I wish you a good buyer for your first sale!!

14. 0o0o jag has your listing gone up on eBay??? good luck!!! :flowers: let me know how it goes - it is just so scary! its the WORLD looking at your stuff you're trying to sell!

15. 0o0o congrats on your FIRST bid - LOL I've got like 12 watchers.... NO BIDS! Umm, I'm not too sure about what happens when the listing ends :Push: I havent thought that far yet... :Push: BUT now I'm thinking about :wlae: hmmm, I better do some research on it.... :supacool:

THANK YOU FOR ALL YOUR WONDERFUL COMMENTS - the support is much appericated - eBay is just SO scary!!!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice