My very first Chloe...LOTS of pics of my Medium Black Betty!!!

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. I fell in love (hard) with the Betty style at first sight - I actually fell in love with the hobo first, and then the classic satchel style.

Luckily, I came across a gorgeous, mint-condition medium Black Betty satchel for sale by a fantastic PFer in the UK (and I cannot stress how honest and kind she is - thank you!!! :heart: ) so I took the plunge after pestering all of you sweet Chloe experts with my endless questions.

I am so happy that I took the chance, because this is one of the very best handbag purchases that I have ever made - recently I sold off my entire collection of mid-range bags to fund a much smaller collection of 4-5 higher-end bags total. Therefore, any bag that makes it into my new collection has to be very special indeed.

The Medium Black Betty certainly qualifies!!!! :yahoo:

Here are my pics - and I apologize for the sheer amount of them. I love designs with lots of detail, and the Betty is all about details. I hope that these pictures help even the most seasoned Chloe experts among you see the Betty again for the first time. ;)

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

2. I love the look of mixed metals, which is one of the reasons why the Betty attracted me in the first place - the use of different textures and metals in the design are beautiful. It's pretty yet edgy...perfect!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

3. The hardware is gorgeous, and very substantial, from the padlock closure to the tiny brass and silver studs sprinkled throughout the bag:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

4. Oooo .. LOVE your new Chloe...Lo!

5. This is definitely a bag about contradictions - from the mixed metals to the shape of the bag itself. It is very boxy, and quite classic in that sense...it could almost appear out-dated, but the exterior pockets and excess hardware prevent that. And the leather is superb, just wonderful to the tough and the perfect thickness.

It does fit over my shoulder, but looks better on the forearm, particularly with a heavy coat. I carried it all day yesterday with my things inside, and find the bag to be a bit on the heavy side, but heavier bags do not bother me (I don't carry much, anyway). The pics below give you an idea of the shape for any of you who are not as familiar with the Betty.

This is such a sweet/tough bag...and the chain purse kills me!!! :heart: Do you tie it to the ring on the top of the bag?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Hope you like the pics! :smile:

Attached Files:

6. Thanks!!! Great to see you here!!! :hugs:

And yep, I am in LOVE as well!!!

7. congrats! love chloe leather all the while :yes:

8. Congrats on a beautiful bag! Chloe has some nice leather doesn't it?!

9. congrats!

10. Congrats, Betty is a great bag.

11. It is gorgeous Lo!! I love the mixed metals!!

Are we going to get some modeling pixs of you with Ms. Betty??

12. YAY, Lo!!! Congrats!! Isn't the leather and smell heavenly??? Where are your famous mod shots?! I'm thrilled for you!

13. Congrats! She's lovely!

14. congats Lo, glad you are a happy camper! enjoy!

15. Thanks, so much, everyone!!! :hugs: You are all so sweet!!!

I will try to take some mod shots, I promise...today is a very sloppy day (yoga pants and a hoodie, lol - but I DID carry my Betty, so I suppose that made up for the rest of it).

kdo: I don't think that Betty will fit so nicely on my head for a mod shot, though, so please don't expect another one of those!! :lol:

I really can't express how much more fun I am having with my collection now that I only have two bags (sounds a bit counterintuitive, I know...but it's true!!!)

I love changing my siggy wishlist all the time (it's my cheap thrill, I guess :P) but in the meantime will stick with buying only a select few bags. And most of my small collection is going to be made up of Chloe bags, I am sure. I am truly loving what I have experience of Chloe so far!!! :yahoo:

This is so different from my YSL bag, but just as impressive in its own way. :heart: