My very first Chanel piece...

Congrats! They are really pretty. Your GST will probably come sooner than you think ... every time I've been waitlisted at Chanel in Holts Calgary, it comes in alot quicker than I had thought. The SA's are awesome there (I deal with Kay).

Points are redeemable for whole dollar amounts, with a minimum redemption of 5000 points required for a $50.00 e-gift card. Following examples of Point redemptions:
5000 (minimum) $50.00
5100 $51.00
10,100 $101.11"

So no I don't have to redeem at 5000 intervals, just anything over 5000.
That's what I meant. You need 5000 points to redeem for a $50.00 card and then you can't redeem again until you have another 5000 points. Usually I just wait until I have 10,000 points and get the $100.00 card.
So interpreting that paragraph, I get 1 point per dollar outside of Holt Renfrew, and 5 dollar points per dollar within Holt Renfrew. So, I think my points thing is different than yours, or they've updated it and you haven't realized.
Maybe that's true? It must be.

I always pay with my HR AMEX to get whatever points I can... and then use it at HR to get the extra points. I really haven't noticed my points accruing like that when purchasing at HR. I just bought an expensive Armani coat, a Chanel bag and wallet at Holts, and I don't think my points jumped that much. It's really hard to tell, because you will get your monthly statement and it tells you at the top how many points you received for the month, but it doesn't tell you how you received them. And as I said, I shop with AMEX all around the city, just to get whatever points I can... not just Holts, so I can't tell what is what.

I've had the HR AMEX since HR switched from having their own cards (they just automatically transfered all the HR card holders to AMEX) and haven't noticed any changes... but I'm going to pay closer attention now!

ETA - Wait - Do you have the more expensive HR AMEX? I just have the pink/magenta, basic card that doesn't cost me any fees.

! Except, I don't understand the difference between a gift card and an e-gift card. Probably just one's physically there and one's electronic.
They're all the same. When you call to cash in your points, they will send you a gift card in the mail. When you shop at Holts private shopping night, they will give you the same type of card, on the spot... once you show your receipt. But they look the same as the ones you get in the mail.

That's what I meant. You need 5000 points to redeem for a $50.00 card and then you can't redeem again until you have another 5000 points. Usually I just wait until I have 10,000 points and get the $100.00 card.

Maybe that's true? It must be.

I always pay with my HR AMEX to get whatever points I can... and then use it at HR to get the extra points. I really haven't noticed my points accruing like that when purchasing at HR. I just bought an expensive Armani coat, a Chanel bag and wallet at Holts, and I don't think my points jumped that much. It's really hard to tell, because you will get your monthly statement and it tells you at the top how many points you received for the month, but it doesn't tell you how you received them. And as I said, I shop with AMEX all around the city, just to get whatever points I can... not just Holts, so I can't tell what is what.

I've had the HR AMEX since HR switched from having their own cards (they just automatically transfered all the HR card holders to AMEX) and haven't noticed any changes... but I'm going to pay closer attention now!

ETA - Wait - Do you have the more expensive HR AMEX? I just have the pink/magenta, basic card that doesn't cost me any fees.

I'm pretty sure you don't have to redeem for $50, $100, $150, etc. I think you can redeem for any amount of points that's a factor of 100.

And no, I don't have the Platinum HR Amex...I'm 19 and definitely don't have an income of over $60,000! :nuts: