My very first balenciaga!! last one in boutique!! opinion needed please..

fsadeli

O.G.
Apr 30, 2007
i'm very excited to get this bag, it's the last one in singapore and they wont have anymore shipment for this colour, literally the last one and it was on display for 1 day...initially i intended to get a PT RH but it was sold out, so i got this instead since it was on display and it looks GORGEOUS...and boy i'm glad i did!! giant hardware is AWESOME!! so let me present a MURRIER GSH Part time!!:yahoo:
IMG_5066.jpg

IMG_5051.jpg

The colour is gorgeous, it's like a bubblegum purple...its very hard to capture the colour of murier, like everyone said, but its definetely not a light purple, the shade is quite dark....

IMG_5048.jpg

my only concern now it's that since it's the last one in the boutique i'm actually concern with the front leather as you all can see in the pic, the distressing is not even...the left looks more softer and right is more wrinkle-ish...will you be bothered with this texture? as i understand that PT has a joined leather in the middle so this issue is inevitable right?

IMG_5056.jpg

The back of the bag is also very wrinkle, although it's soft but it looks like "cracking". As this is my first bag thus i need as much as opinion needed whther this is normal? i saw one seigle PT RGGH today and the leather is smoother than my murrier..

IMG_5063.jpg

last thing is the base, seems like this bag is soo slouchy and the base sink in right when i put my items inside...wondering if this is normal as well? as you can see my modelling pic..The bag is brand new but it looks like broken in already! I'm pretty sure it's not a returned bag, but even if it is, boutique in singapore have policy to exchange within 3 days so i guess it's not a used bag, then why is it looks slouchy?

I will appreciate for all the input ladies and overall i'm happy that i'm able to snatch this beauty, only with several concerns...please let me know if it's ok, whether i should keep it or return it...Thank you guys for letting me share!:yahoo:

Last edited:
Reactions: Namwan-
Hi - congratulations on your first Bal!
I have a castagna City that already seems broken in - the leather is very much like yours - is it really really soft?
I think the leather on yours is magnificent - only you can really say whether the difference in leather on the front would bother you, it looks fine from the pics, but if it actually really bothers you then I would return it!
I think it is gorgeous - I have been dreaming of getting a murier bag - I think the colour is just beautiful...

Hi - congratulations on your first Bal!
I have a castagna City that already seems broken in - the leather is very much like yours - is it really really soft?
I think the leather on yours is magnificent - only you can really say whether the difference in leather on the front would bother you, it looks fine from the pics, but if it actually really bothers you then I would return it!
I think it is gorgeous - I have been dreaming of getting a murier bag - I think the colour is just beautiful...

it is not structured, but more of slouchy and even if i didnt put anything inside, it seems weighing down as you can see from the second picture...your castagna city is brand new and it has broken in when you purchased it as well? ya i really love murrier colour...thats why i need opinion whether to keep it or return it

yes - my castagna was brand new and seemed 'broken in' when I got it - I love it!
Any Bal bag would look like that after a few uses - but maybe the base 'sag' is more significant on a PT Bal as it is more eeast-west'?
I don't like my Bals to look structured - I love the slouch - that is what Balenciaga is all about!
Fill the bag with your everyday things and wear it around the house all day - I'm sure you will fall in love!

i love it!!!! congratulation! the colour, the hardware, the leather are beautiful combo
personally i won't mind about the difference leathers and the saggy bottom, those 2 things are what makes me drawn to balenciaga in the 1st place

mere girl thank you!!

seahorseinstripes
is it normal for PT to have leather differences and saggy bottom? i just want to make sure it's not a defect bag, as i never own bal bag before so i don't know how to compare

mere girl thank you!!

seahorseinstripes
is it normal for PT to have leather differences and saggy bottom? i just want to make sure it's not a defect bag, as i never own bal bag before so i don't know how to compare

fsadeli, it is normal for the part-time to have a saggy bottom. The east-west configuration makes it inevitable because the Bals do not have any structure inside of them. You need to organize your items in your bag to minimize that. :smile: With regard to the difference in the leather panels in front - you have to decide if that works for you. I have seen some panels match perfectly, and sometimes there is a huge difference between the two panels. I love the super distressed panels that appear on the back of your bag. The two panels in the front are different - one with the smaller veins that create more of a smooth look, and the other panel has the larger veins, making it look super distressed. You must decide if the difference bothers you, or if that just makes it a typical Bal bag - unique and different from anyone else's bag!

Beautiful bag! Love it!

I can't see the bag IRL, so it is hard to say. In your first photo, the difference is not that noticeable, and I would be o.k. with that. In your second photo, the difference would bother me. The bag appears much lighter in the second photo, and the difference really shows up.

I think you have your answer already. You are very uncertain about the bag - if you are not head over heels right now for the bag, I think the bag is not for you.

When you are buying an expensive bag like this, you really should love the bag to pieces! And your concerns about the front of the bag are valid concerns.

Good luck on making a decision!

lovelygarments i do love the colour very much! and since this is my first bal bag so i might having the urge that it has to be a perfect bag, LOL! sorry if i does come off too concern to you...

here is more pic of this beauty with and without flash, i think it looks better here..
IMG_5070.jpg

IMG_5071.jpg

Gorgeous bag; color is VERY pretty!!

Like *LG* has said, the Part-Times can have some inconsistency in the distressing of the panels. Based on your pictures, I can see that the right side is more distressed than the left side. However, in your modeling pic, it appears as though you would likely wear it so that the left side is face front ... meaning, that it's going to take on the most wear (will get more distressed with wear).

I guess the bottom line is that YOU have to be comfortable with your purchase and love it! I know what you mean about the quandary .. it's the last one in the color and you may not be able to get another one .. so you need to list the pros & cons and decide. Good luck!

Gorgeous bag; color is VERY pretty!!

Like *LG* has said, the Part-Times can have some inconsistency in the distressing of the panels. Based on your pictures, I can see that the right side is more distressed than the left side. However, in your modeling pic, it appears as though you would likely wear it so that the left side is face front ... meaning, that it's going to take on the most wear (will get more distressed with wear).

I guess the bottom line is that YOU have to be comfortable with your purchase and love it! I know what you mean about the quandary .. it's the last one in the color and you may not be able to get another one .. so you need to list the pros & cons and decide. Good luck!

thank you!! so you mean the leather could even out eventually? sorry cos im not familiar...ya i couldnt part with this gorgeous bag...need to really think carefully LOL..

fsadeli yes it's normal for PT to have different leather on the right and left, it doesn't bother me but each of her own, you decide if you feel bothered or not :smile:

and yeah, bals are all about sagging IMO, the bag is not meant to be stiff shaped, the leather and the design is not constructed to be flat stiff. there's always a way to avoid it by putting a base shaper like people do with LV speedy.
and the PT also have a wider base than the city so of course it's more prone to sagging when you fill it :smile:

you can check on the comparison base width in this thread
http://forum.purseblog.com/balencia...balenciaga-size-comparison-thread-641103.html