My Very First and Only One in the World Himalaya

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. NORDSTROM WINTER SALE Up to 40% off until February 23rd! Free shipping and free returns! Shop The Sale!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Okay, I cannot keep my excitement to share this DIY to you all
    [​IMG]
    I recently purchased this Herbag shoulder bag from Japan at a very good price (yes the condition was not pristine) and decided to do something fun and special to it.

After discussing with a local craftsman who was happy to help me create my first ever Himalaya bag out of this vintage piece. Sorry H, but no money from me this time around :P

Thanks to the bag's construction that could be dismantled easily and thus made this possible for my craftsman to see the pattern of each leather piece and re-create new ones in himalaya croc skin.
    Here you go!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

What do you think ? and what is your favourite look ? My personal favourite would be the combination below, of original H Toile fabric with the Himalaya top and strap. This gives a bit of the 'Touch' look, found recently in many Birkins and Kellys.
    [​IMG]

keodi, Lily, Jbizzybeetle and 11 others like this.
  2. I’m happy for you and that you’re thrilled with how you’re project turned out. Thanks for sharing.

Mali_ and ptptpt like this.
  3. Interesting where our imagination can take us..

keodi, TC1, Mimicatz and 2 others like this.
  4. Beautiful! And it is wonderful that your craftsman has constructed different options so that you may have a bag with a new “look” as you wish. Enjoy! :flowers:

5. Beautiful results, love the many options you could play around with in the different combos of the bag, top and strap. A veritable “choose your own adventure!”

Did you happen to have the croc skin or is this something craftsman provided? Does this require CITES certification as other bags produced in exotics sold by Hermes and the like?

6. What a creative project!! Love it. :tup:

7. Envy! Saw a YouTuber made a kelly herself and posted the whole video it was such bliss...

8. I love it. It is adorable.

9. I like how it turned out!