My Valentines Day Gift - Black Work...or is it Anthracite?! Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MicheleBell

Jul 30, 2008
My fabulous boyfriend completely took me by surprise with the most beautiful Valentines Day present EVER! He bought me the infamous Black Work that I haven't shut up about ever since I crossed the Argent Day off my Bbag list! Heres the problem though, the bag does not look BLack at all, to me it looks more like Anthracite, so I need your help! Also the bag is really REALLY tough, nothing like my City and Day which are both super rich and soft. The leather on my work is really hard and rigid and very "veiny". Im seriously considering exchanging this for a "Darker, Softer" bag. What do you guys think?! Keep or Exchange?

Attachments

jenny70

Jul 4, 2007
At the Beauty Bar
Hmmm... my very uneducated guess is that it's black. Is it an 09? My 08 Anthracite has definate blue/gray tones to it. This looks black to me.

imonpurseblog

Sep 28, 2007
what color is the zipper tape? it's hard for me to tell on my monitor. did you get tags with it? what are the numbers (the year then the number immediately following)

monkyjib

Respect good taste
O.G.
Jul 31, 2007
Gorgeous Work! I think it could be Anthracite.. the leather looks yummy! You can try applying leather conditioner to soften it and make the veins less obvious. Once it breaks in.. it should be nice and soft. HTH!

roey

O.G.
Mar 1, 2006
In the sunshine!
When we say zipper we mean the fabric surrounding the zipper, not the zipper itself. Is the fabric grey or black?

2008 3 means Fall 2008 I think.

fuchsiafirefly

Orchids in Bloom!
Dec 4, 2007
Sunny Florida
It's a f/w 08. That would probably explain the color. If you don't like it, take it back for an 09. They are super saturated, totally black bags.

MicheleBell

Jul 30, 2008
Oh the F/W 08 were ligher blacks? I had no idea. Wow, thank you all so much, you have really helped out a lot, I don't know what I would do without the precious purse forum!

Addy

The Odd Mod
Authenticator
O.G.
Apr 19, 2006
The Purse Forum
Please post your question in the Identify This Balenciaga thread in the Reference Library.

Congrats on a lovely bag!

Status
Not open for further replies.