My two brand new MJ bags... and a question

Karolinka

Dec 2, 2010
So I've been lurking around this forum for awhile now admiring your gorgeous MJs. And finally I treated myself to two great bags from the MJ collection. Ready for a reveal?

I'm sorry, I'm having trouble posting my pics...
But my two new beauties are small black Cecilia from Bergdorf Goodman and pink Karlie (it is med beige with a hint of pink - I"m not sure why they call this color pink) from Nordstrom. I scored a really good deal on both of them! And here comes my question - Cecilia is from Fall 2009 and the long shoulder strap is not like the one I've seen before with the little detachable spring hardware but with a little metal "knob" that is pushed through the strap itself. I hope my explanation makes sense.... Is this something that they used to use in older versions of the bag? When did they start using the spring hardware? Also the chain piece on the shoulder stap is much shorter that the one from this season. I promise to post pics as soon as I figure out why I'm getting the error message when I upload them.

Beautiful choices!

The Cecilias I have owned and seen all had the metal knob pushed through the strap. I have never seen a Cecilia with the spring hardware. I am certainly not an expert and have not seen Cecilias from all seasons, but that's been my experience.

The chains and leather on the straps change a little from season to season. Sometimes there is more chain, sometimes more leather, sometimes all chain.

And the so-called "pink" Karlie is a beautiful bag. Enjoy them both!
Congratulations!

I'm sorry, I'm having trouble posting my pics...
But my two new beauties are small black Cecilia from Bergdorf Goodman and pink Karlie (it is med beige with a hint of pink - I"m not sure why they call this color pink) from Nordstrom. I scored a really good deal on both of them! And here comes my question - Cecilia is from Fall 2009 and the long shoulder strap is not like the one I've seen before with the little detachable spring hardware but with a little metal "knob" that is pushed through the strap itself. I hope my explanation makes sense.... Is this something that they used to use in older versions of the bag? When did they start using the spring hardware? Also the chain piece on the shoulder stap is much shorter that the one from this season. I promise to post pics as soon as I figure out why I'm getting the error message when I upload them.

I can't wait to see your pics
I love the Lacquered Pink from this last season -- it's more of a salmon color, and it's gorgeous! I don't think we've seen enough of this color around here!!

Maybe your pics are too large to be attached to your message (they have to be less than 196 kb) -- if you can't resize them, maybe you can upload them to Photobucket and insert the images from there (there are no size limits if you insert your pics this way - you just copy the html code from Photobucket and insert it into your msg using the "Insert Image" icon at the top of the message box

ok, so here they are, small Cecilia - I'm a little disappointed that she is from last season and that the chain part is so short but I guess you can't complain if you get her at 40% off!

purses003.jpg
purses007.jpg

and pink Karlie - I'm still debating whether I'm going to keep her or not. I really looooove the black Karlie - unfortunately she wasn't on sale.

purses006.jpg
purses005.jpg

iluvmybags - thank you for your suggestion to download the pics to Photobucket.

the pink karlie is amazing i would keep that colour if i were you to have a variety.... how much was it if you dont mind me asking.. its so nice.
ok, so here they are, small Cecilia - I'm a little disappointed that she is from last season and that the chain part is so short but I guess you can't complain if you get her at 40% off!

purses003.jpg
purses007.jpg

and pink Karlie - I'm still debating whether I'm going to keep her or not. I really looooove the black Karlie - unfortunately she wasn't on sale.

purses006.jpg
purses005.jpg

iluvmybags - thank you for your suggestion to download the pics to Photobucket.