My Turn! Help Me Choose! :o)

tlloveshim

Emmy!
O.G.
Mar 19, 2006
So with celery OOS I must choose another leather for my Mini Emilia. The details will be easy once I know what leather I really want. Here's my list of what I'm interested in:

Cognac: have only seen pics, no swatch but I have a similar color in a different leather swatch and am interested in it
Tinted Blue: have a swatch and have no blue bags in my collection
New Tan: swatch on the way, intrigued by this because of E's and Ms.L's reactions to it
Pearlized Brown: have a swatch, like this one but will have a tinted chocolate Mini Emilia so not sure of another brown in this shade
caramel: saw a pic of a Mini Ormala in it (hipnycmom's) and am in the process of finding out if it's available, love the pics of it
Acqua: no swatch, I'm fussy about these types of colors.

I've included pics of acqua; one from the forum and one from Maria. Could anyone who's seen this leather tell me which pic is closer? I like the more blueish one but not sure I would order acqua if it's as green as the stock pic from Maria. Here they are:

From Maria:
IgnesSofiaAcqua2.jpg

Off the forum: (Sorry I cannot remember who's bag this is!)
IgnesSofiaAcqua.jpg

So, pick a leather and suggest a suede lining! Tell me why you selected that combo too! :graucho: :biggrin:

I love Cognac. The leather is just so soft and soo pettable. The colour is so rich. The only downside for me is that it is more of a winter colour and not really suitable for summer where I am.

I love Tinted Blue too. I am ordering a travel bag in this leather with turquoise suede. I don't have a blue bag either so I thought I'd order one to mix up the collection. My vote goes for Tinted Blue because I think it will be more versatile in the end. As far as suede lining goes, Maria sent me a pic of a "Ferrari" red suede that I really like. I want this lining with a dark grey bag but I think it will look amazing with the Tinted Blue too.

DSC05193.jpg

Ok...now I feel guilty :P

Not feeling the Acqua, and you seem to have your doubts too ...

You're looking for a brown, but different than Tinted Chocolate. Choice between Pearlized Brown, New Tan, Cognac. I say rule out Cognac because it's the same texture as Tinted Chocolate. New Tan, you'll have to wait to see it, I love the swatch pics though! From the swatch pics I've seen, Pearlized Brown is quite a few shades lighter the Tinted Chocolate, a more of a medium brown. The metallic factor of the PB, makes it unique as well.

Since you have no blues, Tinted Blue moves high up on the list. It's soft and gorgeous as you know (I have a pouch). I think the disadvantage is the same texture of you Tinted Chocolate.

Oh, pretty suede lining! OK, 1 tinted blue.... I wonder what other color linings would go with blue? A pretty grey? Or is that boring? Turquoise sounds pretty.

SK, guilt works for me! LOL! Yeah, I think you're right about acqua. I'm a bit unsure of it and it isn't worth the risk. It's not doing the same thing to my little heart that celery did! New tan, caramel and tinted blue make my heart thump more than the others. Pearlized brown is pretty but I can do a wristlet in it to go with my pearlized bordeaux and gunmetal cosmetic bags which would be a cute set!

I like the idea of a green suede lining too but it'd have to be the right shade of green! Purple would be awesome! Decisions, decisions! LOL! I need some ice cream now since I've been thinking so hard on this!

icecreammmmmmmmmmmmm
I always want some too when I'm using my brain so much!! lol

according to the Ignes website, PB is fairly structured though. Do you want some structure for your Emilia? something to think about I think.

That's funny that they call it structured! I have a swatch and it's just like GIB and Pearlized Bordeaux which were smooth yet soft. I think it'd work in a structured bag with reinforcement but would slouch w/o reinforcement. It wouldn't be a pile of smoosh like celery would have been though! :drool:

ohhhhhhhh i see never mind!
Then I love PB!!! Well, I'm a huge fan of metallics so I'm certainly biased, but as I loved the GIB pics on this SF, I'm sure PB will work really well!

Then again, I'm really tempted by tinted blue as you could see in my other posts :P

Tinted blue is in the lead at the moment. Then new tan and caramel and after that cognac. PB is probably not going to happen for me but I may inquire about a pouch or wristlet in it just to have it! It's pretty but I'm not sure enough about an entire bag in it. Acqua is probably out of the running! I have some swatches on the way and SK is supposed to get some pics too so who knows where I'll end up! LOL!