My Truffle SB is here!!

sweettlc

Sep 1, 2008
My first Tano arrived today! A truffle SB!! Pics...

What a beautiful bag! The original truffle color is amazing...so rich. The truffle is a "cool" based brown and that is what I was interested in...it doesn't have yellow or orange undertones. I can really fit a lot into the bag and that is what I was hoping for...yet, the bag is not huge I plan to use my SB to eventually transition away from using a diaper bag. I am a "fluffy" gal so it would be perfect if the drop was about two inches longer than it is. All in all, I am very happy with the bag and I am sure that I will purchase more Tano bags in the future!

There is one thing that I am sad about... I treated the bag with Apple Gard conditioner today and it made my bag a few shades darker and it also pretty much "erased" the beautiful color variances in the leather. :sad: So, I am pretty bummed about that. I tested the conditioner first on the bag's tags and I did not notice a difference in the color of the tags so I went ahead and treated the whole bag and then within a few minutes, the bag darkened. The color of the bag is still really pretty but I liked the color that it was before. Now, I am very nervous to apply additional coatings of the conditioner and I'm nervous about using the spray too...so, I'm not sure what to do. The photos that I posted above were taken before I treated the bag...the first photo is the best representation, I think of the actual color of the bag before treatment.

kmh1190

Purse crazed
O.G.
Feb 23, 2008
Northern California/Central Valley
Congratulations! Truffle is such a beautiful color! See if the bag lightens up by tomorrow when it is completely dry-Apple Garde will temporarily darken the leather up but this should not be permanent! Treating the bag is a smart thing to do, especially if you have a little one and things can get spilled on it. Enjoy your beautiful SB!

TygerKitty

~*~ addicted ~*~
O.G.
Feb 26, 2008
Colorado
Gorgeous!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Is the bag thoroughly dry? Whenever I spray my bags they get darker (freaked me out at first too!) but after a few days they completely dry up and the color goes back to normal. Let's hope it will be the same for yours!

sweettlc

Sep 1, 2008
THANK YOU so much for your support and reassurance!! Well, I treated the bag this afternoon with a fairly liberal coat of the conditioner and the bag feels dry to the touch but maybe it needs further drying and then hopefully it will lighten up! Thanks so much.

I really like this bag...it is such a great size! Truly not to big and not too small and it looks "edgy" without looking too edgy. I love that it is slouchy but not "baggy"...it has just the right amount of structure. GREAT BAG!!

knasarae

The K Is Silent
O.G.
Apr 23, 2007
Boringsville, USA
beautiful bag! I am loving this truffle color more and more!! And yeah it might take a couple days for your bag to truly dry. Several ladies in different sub forums have spoken about the temporary darkening of their leather.

lnt815

Aug 6, 2008
I got the same bag last week and I absolutely love it too! Enjoy your gorgeous sexbomb!