My Trip to HUNT the first B/K starts…

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marylu1991

Jun 2, 2014
Handbag Kingdom
Hey everyone,

I am new to this forum and have spent a few days to read different forum to obtain some useful information. I am mainly based in England, and London would be the nearest place to visit Hermes boutiques.

I would like to share the journey/experience for visiting Hermes boutiques and wish to get the feedback/useful tips from you guys as well.

Feel free to drop your message.

Thanks very much!

Kind regards,
M

Marylu1991

Jun 2, 2014
Handbag Kingdom
On Oct. 24th, 2014, it is my first time to visit Hermes boutiques in London on purpose with my boyfriend. On that day, we were not really lucky on the way because the train was broken down hardly as the train was broken at the other direction. So before arriving, we had an approximated 40 minutes delay. We finally arrived to London at lunchtime (around 12pm). On that day, we dressed very casual not formal as we traveled a long journey to London (I think this may lead to the unfair appearance judge). Then taking the underground heading to Harrods. Well, Harrods is always busy and popular place so we have no chance to score a B/K.

Then we head to the Sloane Street boutique which is just around 5 mins' walk. We entered into the boutique, well, it is not that busy. I saw one customer was trying the Lindy bag on and was choosing the colour between Grey and Blue izmir (this bag has different blue colour inside). Obviously, that customer finally chose the Grey one so that this blue would be put back on the shelf. Then I asked to try it on. Honestly, I do not really like the style of Lindy as I am not a shoulder girl and the colour is not bright to me. Therefore, I turned it down. The SA is Chinese, and she looked a bit pride and did not really like to offer more. So we had a little bit chat about the stock of B/K, well, you know the answer (which is NO CHANCE). My boyfriend was really not happy for her attitude. We then left the boutique.

Marylu1991

Jun 2, 2014
Handbag Kingdom
Our next station was Selfridges. Well, we were having the coffee and my boyfriend was taking it inside of the store. The other SA told us that not allowed to bring the drink in. However, I told him that I was not drinking in just holding it. Finally, he placed my coffee on a sided shelf. When I asked my boyfriend to ask the SA about the B/K stock as he said that our 1st anniversary would arrive soon. SA was kindly answered that there was no stock as well. At that moment, the time was around 2pm.

Then we left Selfridges and headed to New Bond Street Boutique. This one was our last stop of the Hermes visit today. We planned to stay longer and tried our best to get some lucky. We entered into the boutique and headed to the first floor directly. The store was not busy as well. We visited around and actually no SA came to ask about whether we needed any help. Finally, there was a male SA asked about us. We explained our purpose, however, we got the same answer and always 'First Come First Serve' and said if they had stock, if customer asked, they definitely showed which my boyfriend and I thought was a BUL***T. We still tried our best to see whether he had any change. Well, obviously he was tough and insisted his opinion and suggested us to visit boutiques as much as we can. However, we said that we made our trip for visiting this store on purpose. He still did not do anything. Finally, we were upset and left the store.

We then headed back to Harrods again as I would like to check it again. However, it is still no chance. We had a happy chat with a SA at there which he suggested we should not come to London but a smaller city for hunting B/K which has more chances. He also mentioned that in early Nov. before X'mas, it may have more stock delivered which we did not know whether it was true or not. Anyway, I think that is how he can do.

We finally headed back to Sloane Street around 5:20pm. That boutique would close at 6pm. I think they may have their last delivery coming. Well, obviously not. We were being told to come the store at the wrong time by a older SA. She looked more pride than the morning one. When I mentioned about "SO" which I heard someone can make it via stores and the store has two times every year to request it. She replied that she never heard about the SO can be made which we also thought was "sh*t" word.

Marylu1991

Jun 2, 2014
Handbag Kingdom
At the end, we were exhausted and upset. On the way back, our train was delayed due to an unexpected suicide near Slough station. Thousands of people were waiting for their journey to come home on Friday evening. We had waited for almost 2 hours before deciding to take the coach going back to home…

Around 2 am on early Saturday morning, we finally arrived at our lovely home.

I have been upset for the whole saturday and had a strong willing to make a trip to Paris next year as my 24th birthday is coming soon. However, the busy routine makes me to stop thinking this crazy idea. I really wish I could visit PARIS.

Well, I would like to try London again on 5th of December as I would have an Exam at there. I would go though those boutiques again. I think I would go to visit New Bond Street first as they are the biggest in London rather than others. On 24th of October, the SA from New Bond Street told me that they sold 2 Birkins (25 &35) on that day. Therefore, I think it would have more chances at there.

I feel thanks sincerely for your patience of reading such a long story. If you have any ideas, comments, please reply to this post.

Marylu1991

Jun 2, 2014
Handbag Kingdom
We are planning to visit London again before finally deciding to visit Paris… Really wish anyone who had the same situation could score their first B/K soon!

gazalia

Mar 14, 2013
fingers crossed for. I think the SA was right when she mentioned that right before christmas they would have the best stock.
Nevertheless your chances to score one in Paris might be higher...

Mindi B

Down Dog
O.G.
Jan 29, 2007
State of Denial
I really feel I must suggest that walking into boutiques and asking immediately about a Birkin or Kelly is generally going to be met with just the defensive reaction you received. SAs get this inquiry hundreds of times a day, and it is highly unlikely--not totally impossible, but unlikely--that you will get polite service after beginning the acquaintance this way, let alone an actual B or K. Please, OP, do some research--there are LOTS of threads about "how to get a Birkin/Kelly." Further, your frequent comment about "we think this is bullsh*t" suggest that your attitude was skeptical and demanding from the outset. If this is true, it makes it even less likely that you will be offered the bag you want. Yup, Hermes SAs can be unpleasant. But meeting them with unpleasantness of your own is unwise. I really hope this is helpful.

mistikat

Bling!
O.G.
Sep 2, 2006
The question of how to obtain a Birkin or Kelly comes up a lot, as I'm sure you can appreciate and there are several threads on how to obtain a bag, the various stores, treatment in stores, etc.

While getting a bag can be a frustrating experience, I suggest you read up on others' experiences, and consider contributing to an existing thread. Closing this so you can contribute to an existing thread on this subject.

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.