my trek out to the HH design shop!!!

Lavidacolor

Collector of things shiny and beautiful
O.G.
Sep 2, 2007
here's how i ended up finding myself in the lovely store-

so, ive desperately wanted that katya dress, which was sold out in my size (let alone not that cheap) online. i saw on here that the store was still having 80% off clothes...i called them, and they said they could not send it out to me, i had to go in. plus, she said the sale may end soon when they get rid of all the fall stuff...

i just had to have that dress. so i ventured out into brooklyn (i almost never go there, from the city), transferred trains, walked several blocks, and found myself blissfully happy among a shrine of HH goods.

i took a few pics as i tried stuff on- the zelda boots are amazing and comfy as you all already know...i did not get those but already ordered the brandy ones, which is NOT really brown like online, but a gorg mahogany IRL. also the gaping at the calf deal was not bad with this pair- there is still ample space in the boot, but te cuff and the height i think made it look okay, and it seems to go a bit higher up on my leg than the madeleines.
will post when i get it :smile:

i got the kristy trench (pretty toasty for a trench), the katya dress. but i tried on the dekker leather bomber..it is SO soft and SO awesome! i want it BAD...but alas it was not on sale...someday.

Attachments

• 01-18-09_1342.jpg
    01-18-09_1342.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 124
  • 01-18-09_1352.jpg
    01-18-09_1352.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 107
  • 01-18-09_1354.jpg
    01-18-09_1354.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 120
Oh my gosh I love the Dekker. I drooled over it on their site, but dismissed it as being too short...looks like the perfect length on you though! Crap, another one to add to my wishlist lol...at least there's no grey, I'd really be in trouble then. ;) Congrats on your purchases!!!

Oh my gosh I love the Dekker. I drooled over it on their site, but dismissed it as being too short...looks like the perfect length on you though! Crap, another one to add to my wishlist lol...at least there's no grey, I'd really be in trouble then. ;) Congrats on your purchases!!!

actually, what the SA told me was that the one i tried on was a sample...she said the final product will actually be a little longer. she agreed that the length of the one i had on was good, and she didn't know why they'd want to make it longer. in short, its a lot more flattering when worn than on the hanger!

Thanks for the shots. I would die to be able to walk in there.
Did you try on the Sonia jacket as well? I heard that runs a bit small.

sorry, i did not try on the sonia :sad: i didnt really check out the leather jackets because they weren't on sale and i didn't want to be tempted...but the dekker was right in front when i walked in and i tried it on on a whim. but its super cute!

i'm only 5'4, most of my height in my torso. i'm not sure how much longer it actually is, its just what the SA said. maybe you can call HH to check?

I was hoping you can answer something for me. Do the boots hug your ankles? Do you know what I mean, like some boots are big around the ankles so they move around. Just wondering since they are on sale. :smile:
Anna

sorry, i did not try on the sonia :sad: i didnt really check out the leather jackets because they weren't on sale and i didn't want to be tempted...but the dekker was right in front when i walked in and i tried it on on a whim. but its super cute!

Understandable. The Dekker looked super cute on you. It's 50% now, are you thinking about getting it?