My Totally Fake Pirata Caramellas

DreamsOfToki

Mar 10, 2007
When I purchased my "laptop bag" (Cucciolo) it came with a changing page. But I decided I could use the fabric to make a couple "caramellas". Results below, shown with a Citta Caramella for scale. And a closeup of the smaller one because I'm really pleased with the print placement.

Attachments

• toki-1.jpg
    toki-1.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 161
  • toki0.jpg
    toki0.jpg
    27.7 KB · Views: 183
  • toki2.jpg
    toki2.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 183
  • toki1.jpg
    toki1.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 168
When I purchased my "laptop bag" (Cucciolo) it came with a changing page. But I decided I could use the fabric to make a couple "caramellas". Results below, shown with a Citta Caramella for scale. And a closeup of the smaller one because I'm really pleased with the print placement.

Wow! They look really good! Hmm if I were that crafty, I should have gotten a citta rosa cucciolo instead of my campeggio. :P

Drems of TOKI,
I was thinking of doing that too !!! :O)
Did you make the caramellas yourself ? GOOD WORK!
I think I might want my mom to make one for me too since I dont think I am gonna be using my Citta Cucciolo Changing Pad!
& do you still have the pirata material. Maybe you could turn it into a coin purse.

They were super easy to make. I just took a look at how my Citta Caramella was made and did the same thing. I left off the inside pocket and the caribener because I never use them in the caramella, but other than that it is the same.

They took about 2 hours to make the two of them and deciding how big and measuring took the longest! I tried to find turquoise lining material but had to settle for bright blue instaed. I probably should have looked harder for rainbow zippers too :smile:

And yes I still have some more material left. If I can find a shorter zipper I do want to make a small one to use as a coin purse.

:drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: Nice work. I'm super jealous. They're better than a caramella b/c one is bigger I think!! I wish I was crafty :sad: My BF has the cucciolo but he'd kill me:death: if I tried to mess w/his baby changing pad...he wraps his computer in it.

Nice job! Its not really consider fake cuz it was made with real lesportsac fabric :graucho:

I was thinking of doing that if I ever got a cucciolo, its not like Im going to use the changing pad :biggrin: