My thoughts on Sac De Jour with Smooth Leather

1. I got Sac De Jour in black smooth leather a while ago. I did panic a little bit for the easy-scratch assumption. So I talked to many people who own the same leather for feedback and use the bag several times. Here are my thoughts (Plz notice that I am talking about my 2016 version. I know they change the leather these years):

• The quality of the leather is durable than I thought. Not get scratch easily at all if you just be careful a little bit. I compare with Chole Faye, SDJ has a much durable smooth leather.
    • Put leather protector before the first use will help. I use Cadillac and Collonil Carbon Pro. Works great. Also help preventing colour transfer. But stay away from darker jeans if you got the light colour.
    • Wrap the handle - personalize your purse and give a good protection. Handle is most likely got the scratch, especially for someone has long nail.
    I do think the smooth leather of SDJ with a good quality. Go for it if you like the look. However, it may not suit for a very busy life style.

Designerhbgirl likes this.
  2. Completely agree with you on these points. Mine, given it is smooth leather, is amazingly more durable than I expected!
    Ive also learned a hard lesson the handle >< it has a tiny scratch likely due to me grabbing it in a hurry to work one day :sad:

Designerhbgirl likes this.
  3. hi everyone,im newbie here....I got BDJ clutch couple years ago and dont have any issue with the quality except mine has been color transfered since mine is patent leather.But for now i am really confused, i just purchased a Saint Laurent SDJ in Smooth leather and the color is Turquoise.I was offered SDJ in mint green ,but then i decided to go with the turquoise.Should i keep it or is not going to last?i want it to be versatile and timeless but i have never owned any bright color bag before.My one and only red bag i got is a chanel flap bag, and the rest are mostly black/brown bags.And any tips what to wear with such a bright color SDJ like mine?Thankyou so much in advance

219_Saint_Laurent_Turqoise_Leather_Accordion_Side_Classic_Small_Sac_de_Jour_Bag.jpg
  4. The smooth leather nano I received from Saks...Just feel sorry for the craftsmanship wasted on it. Returned it today : (
    s-l1601.jpeg
    s-l1600.jpeg

5. I love the color, and I think a pop of color looks great when you're wearing neutral or contrasting colors. This bag would look beautiful if you're wearing a white top with jeans, IMO. I think it would also look nice with a black outfit, or a light colored summer outfit. Congratulations on the bag!

6. The smoothe leather is amazing

7. Hi! Do you think the red smooth leather would have colour transfer if I wear it with jeans?

8. oh no! that looks awful :S