My ten dollar estate sell find!!!

Jessi319 said:
That hangtag can be easily fixed with a tiny bit of leather safe glue from a hobby or fabric store. It's ok to get a new one, of course, but it's kind of cool keeping the original hangtag with an older bag!! GREAT FIND...love it. Looks gorgeous

Good point. I may just get some glue and patch her back up. Turns out this bag was made in 97. The CS lady was wrong :/ either way I love this bag, the blue is so deep! Perchance, do you know if I can get coach to send me replacement turn lock parts? The brass is showing its age.

katev said:
I think she looks great! I use a fabric glue that says it will work on leather to reseal hangtags that are splitting. You can get it at the fabric or hobby store.

Thank you! In considering it. We picked up some good stuff at that estate sale! Besides the bag I got three books that are collectively 350 years old, an old brownie camera, a Polaroid camera, a vintage CHANEL No.5 perfume bottle, and a few other awesome finds!

Good point. I may just get some glue and patch her back up. Turns out this bag was made in 97. The CS lady was wrong :/ either way I love this bag, the blue is so deep! Perchance, do you know if I can get coach to send me replacement turn lock parts? The brass is showing its age.

Coach will send turnlocks, but you can also polish the brass. Katev uses wenol, I've used brasso because I have a bottle laying around, but toothpaste even works. You might google it to see what you have around the house that will work.

I draw the line at ketchup, myself.

ledobe said:
Coach will send turnlocks, but you can also polish the brass. Katev uses wenol, I've used brasso because I have a bottle laying around, but toothpaste even works. You might google it to see what you have around the house that will work.

I draw the line at ketchup, myself.

Ketchup!!! Lol! I think I would draw the line there too. I think the Turnlock is chipped.

image-2422004969.jpg

brasso does something amazing to brass coach hardware. Just be careful not to get it on the leather, if you do have a damp corner of a cloth handy to wipe it right back off. When I polish my hardware i also polish the metal chain for the hangtag and also if the strap is the kind with buckle holes i carefully polish those. It can make a world of difference in the overall look of your bag if ALL the brass is shiny.

brasso does something amazing to brass coach hardware. Just be careful not to get it on the leather, if you do have a damp corner of a cloth handy to wipe it right back off. When I polish my hardware i also polish the metal chain for the hangtag and also if the strap is the kind with buckle holes i carefully polish those. It can make a world of difference in the overall look of your bag if ALL the brass is shiny.

Thank you for the advice!