My Teal City Has Arrived!!!

1. ;) My Teal City arrived today, and was even more pristine than in the pictures of the listing. For an 05, the handles are perfect without a speck of darkening, the corners as well are in awesome condition. Plus she came with extra tassles sealed up, and I was lucky enough to get a set when I first purchased her. She is a tad bit dry, and I just rec'd my Bal kit from LMB, and the Apple Conditioner both in today's mail. So if anyone has some advice on what to use on her, I would sooo appreciate it! I have never used these products before. The bag doesn't seem to be dirty, just dry. I am not sure if I should use For Handles Only either. FYI, this bag may be the one I sell, only because it is between this one and my Turq Twiggy. So I want to be careful with what I use on it. I will be making a braid and charms for her tonight, and have pictures up tomorrow!

2. Congrats Deana! Can't wait to see what beautiful thing you've done to your teal tomorrow!

3. :shame:
    Thank you!!! Just so you all don't go "jeesh Deana, wasn't all our answers on the LMB vs AG thread enough for you"?!!! I poured over the responses again, and they were all very helpful. Especially pp100 and the others who said the Apple products seem to have more of a drying affect than LMB, which is not what this bag needs at all! So I will spruce her up tonight, make a pretty accessory, and hopefully tomorrow will be a beautiful sunny day to take some photos!!!

4. Congrats! I bet it's beautiful!

5. Congratulations Deana. Pictures please. :yes: I am once again on the fence
    with the conditioners. The LMB conditioner seems to be more concentrated and moistuize more BUT it takes the shine away and leaves a dull film that I am not liking at all. I did my flat brass and Ink again which were really dry. The LMB really moisturized, makes it soft, makes some of the veins go away, but I don't like the way it makes the leather. I re-did both of the today with Apple and they look shiny and beautiful. So I just don't know now. I think I will stick to Apple and just do more coats. I don't like that it left a film on the bags. I know they make a shine restore to conteract this, but with the Apple it doesn't diminsh the shine. One other thing I noticed. I used a white rag and when I used the Apple there was no dye transfer, but when I used the LMB I saw some black on the rag from my flat brass. It wasn't dirt because I had already given it 2 coats of the Apple conditioner when I got it and there was no dye transfer. Now my Mom likes the LMB products, but she uses Apple too. I asked her if that ever happened to her and she said she hasn't used them on her Balenciagas. So once again, it's trial and error.:confused1:
    I do think the LMB handle protector seems to work. My Greige handles are like new and I have been carrying it a lot the last month. The other day I had lip gloss on my finger and grabbed my handles. It got on them, but it wiped right off with a tissue, so I will say that seems to be a really godd protector. It separated in the jar and I'm not sure what to do aobut that. I borrowed it from my Mom to do my handles. She said that she stirred it and it mixed into a cream again.

6. Congrats on your new bag! Sorry I am no help on the dryness but please let us know what you decide on. I am waiting for the LMB kit to come in and will try it out.

7. DUDE!! why no pictures?! :shrugs:
    I'm dying with anticipation here........ heheheheh. I love my Teal city too, I think it's a nice sedate colour for every day use. Can't wait to see yours! :heart:

8. :P Oh Bev you know me! I can't just take normal pictures! So as soon as the sun is just right, I will set up my photo shoot. Ok just kidding! After I take my daughter to school I will get the photos up.
    ;)
    Thanks pp, I really appreciate all your info and understand your dilemma's completely. This is what I have done so far...I am not crazy about the smell of either products. It's not that either Apple or LMB is stinky or way strong, but I love the smell of Bal leather. On the Teal bag there was a very small spot of what looked to be pencil, pen, or makeup and the LMB cleaner took it off instantly. Since I was confused about what to use, I ended up using my old stand by for dryness, Cetaphil cream on the entire bag except handles. Then I used the LMB shine restore. The bag looks brand spanking new, since the only real problem with the bag was dryness. The corners weren't worn but had a lighter look to them and that is completely gone. Later today (since it's 1 am here now) I am going to put the LMB handle care on it, and I am going to use the shine restore after moisturizing my pink and magenta bags. I try not to carry my bags with my hands on the handles, but slipped on my forearm. But I am going to use LMB's For Handles Only on all of my Bal bags. I will let you know if the smell of the products fades. I'll be back later with pictures!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice